Pictures of Yosemite trip 2009

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by scstraub, Sep 2, 2009.

1. scstraub

scstraub New Member

My kids second trip to Yosemite. I grew up in California and camping in and around Yosemite. This was a great trip because of the fact that my friend, that I use to camp with, came with his wife and kids. His parents came down for the week too. My brother his wife and kids made it too. 7 Adults and 7 kids. It was a 6 day 5 night trip to Summerdale campground just outside of Yosemite on hwy 41. We ended up getting 3 sites all in a row it was great. Can't wait till next year to take the kids back again. Here is a little picture slide show. I had to take some pictures of the trailer as well.

http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/574440339bbCdHx

2. krh1130

krh1130 New Member

You have some amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing. :)

3. Daduv3Boys

Daduv3Boys American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God!

Nice photos. I would love to take my kids out there. That's quite the trip for us, though. Maybe someday!

4. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Good looking album! Glad you had a good time.

5. timbo13

timbo13 New Member

wow, looks like a great trip!

6. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Wonderful pics!

7. Wishbone

Wishbone New Member

Thanks for sharing Photos. Brought back Memories. I used to live South of Fresno in Riverdale,Ca & back in the Early '60s we spent a lot of time camping in Yosemite & at public campgrounds just outside the Park. I was thinking of a town called Corsegold or something like that we spent a lot of time at. Thanks for the photos Wishbone-ks

8. wardog

wardog Member

Looks like a great trip and some beautiful pics. I liked the little waterfall. Was that near your campground?

9. Mpsabatt

Mpsabatt New Member

Be Thankfull you visited the park when you did. I have just returned from takeing a Task Force of five engines to protect the homes in Forresta. At the present time the Tioga and Big Oak Flat roads are closed due to the fire.The only way into the Valley is via Hwy 41 and 140. One of my engines pumped 11,000 Gal. of water between midnight and 0600. This water was supplied by water tenders of 3500 Gal. capacity.We did not loose one home or out building. You would have had a very smokey time of it. Your pictures are great.Keep creating those wonderfull memories for the children.

10. jbarz73

jbarz73 New Member

I'm thinking about making that trip next year. Was 5 nights long enough? If you don't mind me asking, what age range were the children? Did the campground provide bear lockers for food storage?

Thanks!

11. outdoorguy

outdoorguy New Member

LOVE the pics!!! Loks like you and your family had a GREAT time!!!

12. BrendaD1123

BrendaD1123 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Wonderful pictures, thank you so much for sharing. I hope one day we can get out that way to camp.

13. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

[​IMG]

This is an incredible picture !! The expression on her face is priceless. Makes me want to hitch up the camper and head to California !!

14. scstraub

scstraub New Member

Hopefully I answer all the questions everybody asked. The waterfall is just off of the road that leads into the campground a very short walk and great place to cool off. The stream then goes through the campground. There are 4 sites that back up to the stream. Some sites are out in the meadow and can get hot in the summer time. The 3 we had are in the shade most of the day because of the big trees around them but not near the stream. Its just a short walk around the camp loop. Summerdale is a small 30 site campground no hookups but they have pit toilets and water avail to carry back to camp. They do not have bear lockers yet but need them. The camp host said there was a bear coming through camp so lock up your coolers at night. I did good the first two nights. But the third night I was tired and after cleaning up all the bikes the kids left around camp it was 11:00 and I just went to bed. Well at 1:50 the bear found my cooler. His food list was 4 left over pieces of chicken. A package of bacon, 1/2 a pound of ham lunch meat. Left over hashbrown a jug of orange juce and a 6 pack of dr pepper. That was just my camp. I was laying in bed hearing him come back through camp every hour. He also got 3 other camp sites that night. As for the age of the kids it ranged from 5-12years old. They went fishing in the stream and cought some rainbow trout. We had fresh fish tacos one night it was great. As for the length of time you could always use more time camping. We went to the Old town of Wawona in the park then took the bus to the Mariposa Grove to see the big trees. We drove up to Glacier Point one day and did the Sugarpine train ride one day. It went by so fast and we didnt even drive down into Yosemite Valley. Like I said I've been there alot growing up and there is alot to see and many different areas to go to. We were only in the southwest corner of the park. I am hoping that two more friends come with their family next year. My kids already cant wait. We live in Las Vegas so i love to get out of the heat any chance I can get.

15. Red_Eared_Slider86

Red_Eared_Slider86 New Member

*Love it!* I can't view your pics from here, but we were in Yosemite in mid-June and had a fantastic time! It is so wonderful to make such special memories for ourselves and our kids. [CP]

16. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

Thank you for sharing. Brought back a lot of fond memories. As a young camp counselor I even got to spend a few days in the Yosemite Valley Hospital after coming down with blood poisoning from an infected blister after a long hike into the valley.

Camping in Yosemite will be great memories for the kids for years to come.

17. JulesCamper

JulesCamper Indianapolis, IN

I lived in Modesto for 10+ years the pictures brought back fond memories-Thanks for sharing

18. jbarz73

jbarz73 New Member

Thanks for the info. After reading the info about bears on the Yosemite website, it's hard to tell if they are being overly cautious or if the bears are really that agressive. After reading your post and others on this site, it seems the bears are really that agressive.

Looks like fun. I'm really looking forward to next summer. Thanks for sharing.

19. awsandlin

awsandlin Active Member

You have a wonderful looking family.