Piney Bay Recreation Area (near Clarksville)

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by CampQuinn, May 6, 2013.

1. CampQuinn

CampQuinn New Member

Hello!

This past week was our maiden voyage in our camper. We headed down to Arkansas to do some hiking and exploring. We were going to try to stay at Long Pool Recreation Area near Dover, but since we arrived on a Saturday, they were completely full. Seemed like a nice campground though. We headed over to Piney Bay Recreation Area near Clarksville, Ar. This was an awesome campground. The attendant was super friendly and helpful. We had site B15 which was right on the lake. There was some drainage/little creek next to the site which made it so that you could not walk directly out to the lake from the site, but that really didn't matter. They had a huge beach which would be pretty nice during the summer months. There were a lot of fisherman with boats there while we were there. They even have a fish cleaning station right off the lake which a lot of fisherman were using. The bathrooms were very nice and clean. The showers had a lot of pressure and I had hot water each time I showered. My husband said one time he did not have hot water. Overall, the camground is large and very nice to walk around. I think we paid $18 a night. It is also near Clarksville, Ar which has a Wal-mart and a bunch of other amenities. Would recommend this camground to anyone.