Plan to get this!

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by Hanvee3, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Hanvee3

Hanvee3 New Member

This would be a nice little thing to have.... just in case.

http://www.biolitestove.com/campstove/camp-overview/features/

2. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Don't know that I'd ever spring for one, but I give it a 10 for the 'cool factor'.

3. Blue2

Blue2 I teach them how to light fires, safely.

Debated about getting one as I backpack. Little guys are pretty pricey but realistically compared to a high end white gas or all fuel stove in the same neighborhood. I would like to know that the electronics behind it are going to last and then I will spring for one as it seems like a good way to have a smaller fire at those campsites without fire rings without making as much of an impact. Also I would be willing to use it backpacking. If anyone tries would like to hear some testimony, and I mean like use it for a weekend or longer not just lit it to confirm that it works...

4. Blue2

Blue2 I teach them how to light fires, safely.

Ok just had a genius idea... Take that little thing apart and use the electricity generation ability to trickle charge the campers batter as the gas on the fridge is running to cool off your food, set it up on the exhaust gas end. Don't know how efficient it would be or if it would need more heat to generate the electricity. But sweet idea