Platte River Campground - Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by theseus, Jul 18, 2018.

1. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

I have reservations for Platte River Campground at Sleeping Bear Dunes NP first week in October. Does anyone have any advice for me about the campground or surrounding area? We love hiking and being out in nature...

Thanks!

2. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Ok all consider this a report. The Platte River Campground is fantastic. They have recently refurbished the entire campground. Sites are huge! Large sand pads with nice tables and fire rings. This is in addition to the paved area for your camper.

Bathrooms are clean and nice. Showers are nice sized but only 2 total per bathroom building.

My family wants to return during the summer to canoe and kayak. But the colors of the fall foliage were great too.

This is a keeper

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Sounds like y'all found a great CG. with outstanding sites and the scenery was really fantastic. That is what make camping so great. I know you will return again and maybe drown a few worms while there:) Some pictures would of the trip would be :)
    Good Luck and Keep On Camping

4. greg Huff

greg Huff New Member

If you like hiking definitely check out sleeping bear point. My wife my kids and I ended up spending most of our week out there hiking the dunes

5. hammb

hammb Member

We tent camped there in '17, and have reservations for July with 2 other couples (and a total of 4 kiddos between us). Look forward to it, love the campground!

6. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Will you be heading north, west (via ferry) or south after you stay at Sleeping Bear Dunes? If you come across the UP, get in touch and we'll try getting out with us. We're hikers as well.