Please help! No hot air from furnace, fridge not working.

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by ADK_ Adventures, Apr 28, 2021.

1. joer

joer New Member

2. joer

joer New Member

There has to be an igniter. Sometimes on my home furnace it gets some carbon buildup on it. I take a scotch pad you scrub your dishes with and clean that probe and it lites after I clean it. It might be worth trying

ADK_ Adventures likes this.
  3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Cracking a fitting means taking a wrench and turning the fitting a half turn or enough to get flow out of it. Once propane is there, retighten the fitting.

4. carbonunit

carbonunit New Member

I agree with Joer.
    I have a small window on my Suburban heater and can watch for spark at the igniter. These are fairly easy to order and replace, but try scuffing the metal as Joer mentions. Also, is your sail switch closing? Take the front of the panel off your heater and watch for fan speed (has to be sufficient voltage to power the fan fast enough to close the sail switch), sail switch closing and igniter sparking. You can stick your nose in the exhaust port outside to smell for the odour-ant in the propane during attempted liteings. My furnace attempts 3 ignitions and safely powers off if it fails to light.

5. smredinger

smredinger New Member

We had the same issue with our fridge a few years back. Turned out the line was indeed plugged by a spider's nest. This video shows you how to clean out the line:

Another year we had an issue with the heater and it wasn't the line so I had to bring it in. Turns out there was a bunch of water inside. No idea how it got there, but it could have been from a huge rain storm that essentially went sideways towards that side of the camper. Could also have been a pressure washer? No idea, but now I run the furnace pretty regularly just to make sure it's working and cover the hole when washing just in case.

Since you're hearing the clicking and the blower is working it's not an electricity problem.

We never really used the fridge in our first pop-up either, but now that we do, I find it incredibly useful for keeping the dairy and meet stuff dry and cold, especially on longer trips. And, it's nice to have a cold beer ready at all times :)

Good luck!

ADK_ Adventures and roger brown like this.
  6. roger brown

roger brown New Member

Excellent post I had forgotten about the Jiffy Pop Popcorn I'm looking forward to that

7. wecamp

wecamp Member

The heater on our Coleman pop up would not work after 3 tries with out propane. The only way I could get to work was to go in and disconnect wire connector from the printed circuit board inside the furnace.Disconnecting the battery did not work.

8. ADK_ Adventures

ADK_ Adventures Member

Hi guys!

Thanks for the replies! I’ve just started a new job that’s taking some adjustment, so I haven’t had time to get back to this problem. I can tell you that the heater does not work on either 12V or 120 VAC; same result, it blows cold air. I do not have a water heater (I’m almost positive) and I have no other stoves or appliances that I can test to see if they work. Correction, I do have the fridge, but the previous owner told us the fridge did not work, and I’ve tried to light it by its internal piezo igniter to no avail. I’m wondering if there’s a gas leak that would prevent all appliances from working?

Thanks for the help!

-Amos

9. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I would think you would smell a gas leak. Especially if it was bad enough to cause something to not work.

10. ADK_ Adventures

ADK_ Adventures Member

I am maybe catching a faint smell of gas on the outside of the camper, near the tank and camper connection. I can’t smell anything inside. It’s been windy, rainy, and cold this past couple of weeks, so I haven’t really been out there to sniff around properly, and I leave the tank closed when I’m not right out there.

If I had a leak, would that stop everything from working?

Thanks!

-Amos

11. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Not unless it was leaking enough to significantly reduce your line pressure, in which case you would definitely be able to smell it and would have no question that you have a leak.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  12. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

Had that same problem the other day after I got my camper back from the rv repair center. Check the main fuse to see if they are on. Mine was off.