Please help, no lights from battery power and leaving tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by ADK_ Adventures, May 30, 2021.

1. ADK_ Adventures

ADK_ Adventures Member

Hey guys! I hope someone can help me. We are getting ready to leave tomorrow for our first trip in our new to us 2001 Starcraft pop up. We’ve had it a couple of months and when we first got it I had all the lights working on AC power, but not on DC power. I learned of a fuse in the power converter for the battery circuit, it was blown, I replaced it and the battery power worked fine after that. Now, I just tried to hook up the battery and nothing. This time, all three fuses that I know about are all good. The switch for the pull up sink appears to be connected and working. The battery is reporting a full charge when I connect the charger, though this was an old battery that came with the camper. Any ideas? My wife will kill me if I can’t get the lights to work for tomorrow!

Thanks in advance!

-Amos

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Is it just on dc power or does it work when plugged in? If its just the lights, look for the wiring harness, its usally on the outside of the tenting rear drivers side of the pup. See if its dammaged or disconwcted.

neighbormike and ADK_ Adventures like this.
  3. ADK_ Adventures

ADK_ Adventures Member

OK, I figured it out! I have a loose connection at one of the inline fuses coming off the battery. If jostled, it will lose connection. If wiggled, DC power comes back and all is well. So problem solved lol! I’m going to live with it for this trip, then change out the inline fuse holders before the next trip.

Thanks for the help!

-Amos

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Great news ........ enjoy your trip.

ADK_ Adventures likes this.