Please help, toilet question

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by Karrs42901, May 6, 2012.

1. Karrs42901

Karrs42901 New Member

I cannot figure out how to fill the toilet so that you can see the water in the see thru tube. I push the electric fill button on the toilet to let clean water in the bowl and nothing comes out. The pump runs but not water comes, i am not sure where the water is supposed to come from?

Where do i fill the clean water at? What is that top tube that swings out for? There is water in it and it doesnt go anywhere. Please help, i posted pics below of my system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

You can use the shower head.

[​IMG]

3. Karrs42901

Karrs42901 New Member

I cant get water to get past the neck of that fill spot? Its not going anywhere. Any suggestions? The tube is empty as you can see.

4. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Member

There is a lip piece that goes on top of that spout. It helps the water go down. If you pour slowly into that top spout, it will fill. The lip piece just makes it easier.

Pour slow and it will work.

5. Karrs42901

Karrs42901 New Member

Im thinking mine is clogged in the neck or something cuz that water sat in the neck for a few weeks even during travel. Cant get it to go down. Ever have that issue?

At least i know where the clean water is supposed to go now, thanks.

I will have to take apart to take a look.

Frustrating.

6. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

We have this exact or very similar Thetford Cassette Toilet. I can usually see the water rise in the tube after adding a half gallon or more of water. If you're adding water and it's not pouring out on the ground keep adding it slowly. You should see it rise. I don't think this spout is clogged. To access the other end of the fill spout, you'll have to do so by lifting the control panel and flush handle from the inside. We just took ours apart tonight to replace the control panel and put the pump back in after removing it this past fall thinking the pump had failed. But, it was the control panel. I ordered a new one from Thetford for about $94.00 + shipping. At first we couldn't get the pump to run so we took it out again and tested it direct to the battery. Finally got it going. Put it back in the unit but it wouldn't pull the water. Moved it around and got it going. I don't know exactly where the pump needs to be, but the pump may have shifted during travel and isn't sitting just right in the water. Hope you get it going. Ours is working for now, but I'm not 100% certain we have the pump placed correctly. We couldn't quite remember where it was when we pulled it last fall. :)

7. Tnerb

Tnerb New Member

According to my Thetford Cassette instruction manual, the extension should be used to facilitate the fill process. There's a notation that says 150 ml of water will remain in the fill tube.
    To drain the cassette, gentle remove the sight glass tube from it's top mount and hold the tube lower than the tank and the water will drain out.

8. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Member

Right. Though the fill tube looks full, if you add water, it will go down.

9. Karrs42901

Karrs42901 New Member

I fixed it! I took the glass tube off from the top and blew in it (like when u shoot a spit ball thru a staw) (i also had the fill cap off) and nothing happened. I did it again and i got splashed form the fill tube, which means that there is no longer and obstruction.

I then used the fill funnel like nomorecoop suggested and the tank filled after several 12 oz bottles of water (me running in and out of the garage to the kitchen sink).

Fill tube is 3/4 full!!

Thanks for all of the tips!

10. FL_Bill

FL_Bill I'm cooking something yummy!

LOL, knowing nothing about this topic I almost gagged when I read you blew in it...I am thinking this must be fresh water connection. Because I cannot see you blowing on a black water area...lol [:(O] [:(O] (Indecently I did not read the whole thread either....)

FL Bill

11. Karrs42901

Karrs42901 New Member

Ha, yeah, that would be nasty, lol!

12. glinda3175

glinda3175 New Member

I have that same problem. The gray tube on the upper left was full, but no water was going into the holding area. I detached the plastic tube and tipped it over - water came out but it wouldn't fill when I added more to the gray tube. The previous owner told me that they'd used crystals instead of liquid in the grey tank, and when I looked down into the spout in the upper left-hand corner, there were some blue crystals mixed in with the water. Something's clogging up the works, so I'll try blowing into that plastic area and see if that works!! :)