Please, please, please...enough snow.

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by jeanmariemc, Feb 16, 2014.

1. mainahman

mainahman All the worlds indeed a stage

I just want to lay in my bunk and smell the canvas! Note smell heating fuel burn

2. BuxCamper

BuxCamper Member

We had a house roof collapse about a mile from me. We're in a bit of a warm spell this week. Temps should only briefly go below freezing tonight. This will give a good chance for some stuff to melt.

3. kennedyfamily

kennedyfamily New Member

This year we decided to keep the car in the driveway and squeeze the PUP into the one car garage. So glad we did! It would be buried and I would be worried about it leaking or a branch falling on it or something. Goodness...I never realized I was so anxious but I don't want anything to get in the way of my camping. [CP]

Sara
    CT [usa]
    [PU]

4. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

8 to 12 inches predicted here in MN & western WI. This I getting so, so old. Definitely thinking of moving south before next winter.

5. superbee73

superbee73 New Member

8 to 12 inches of wet and heavy snow!!! Now the wind is starting. Will spring ever come? The past couple days was nice ... upper 30's and 40.

6. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Oh brother... I have to watch what I ask for! In 3 days we've managed to melt off 3/4 of the snow and ice that was 2 1/2 to 3 foot deep. A thunderstorm and showers added to the mess yesterday. Roads were flooded last night and then re-froze this morning!
    All in all I would have took it in stride, but the 7 day forecast is calling for high temps below the freezing mark all next week and I still can't get to my pup to play. It's a total mess! :( I just keep looking at camping pics at the national parks and thinking of spring!

7. bccamper

bccamper Member

Yesterday we had blizzard like conditions with lighting and thunder at the same time. First time I have experienced that. Spring can come any time now.

8. wapwap

wapwap New Member

We didn't get all the snow that was predicted in the northen middle of Wisconsin. But that's only because it started out with ice pellets, moved onto some weird rain/sleet thing, and then finally snow. So there's a wonderful sheet of ice beneath the snow! And then the wind picked up and is blowing the snow all over, just making things worse.

I love Wisconsin. And I usually love the winter and snow. But I'm done. When's the next bus/train/airplane south? I'm thinking Key West sounds good right about now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

9. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ Gold Supporting Member

The last few days have been above freezing [8D] so things are melting! We had about 2 feet of snow on the ground, but now a lot less. Today it's going to be in the lower 50's and tomorrow in the upper 40's. But then Tuesday it's gets cold again and now I'm hearing about a snow storm Tuesday into Wednesday!!! [V] [V] [V]

As a church posted on it's outside board "WHO EVER IS PRAYING FOR SNOW, PLEASE STOP!!!"

10. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

Melting pretty fast here today, going to open the top up on the Jeep for the ride home from work

11. mainahman

mainahman All the worlds indeed a stage

We got to about 47 today, had the windows open I. Those. Back to sub freezing with lows of single digits all next week. Grrrrr

12. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

I opened my windows for a few minutes on Saturday too! It was short lived but sure was nice!

13. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

NOAA has us down for snow every day this week. It seems like spring is still pretty far away. [:(]

14. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

We did get some snow melt up here in Northern IL last week along with rain and now ice. The big thing is now the -10 degrees forecast for tonight! It's good that the snow is still here on all of the plants to keep them warmer. I do see that the goldfinches at our feeders are looking more yellow each day. That has to mean something!!!.......

15. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Pandp--I have noticed the goldfinches getting yellower here too. Had a robin the other day. Poor thing probably wonders why he or she came back to all this snow and cold!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

16. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

[​IMG]

My backyard today. 'Nuff said!

17. mcbrew

mcbrew Member

8-12" of snow in the forecast... starting early tomorrow morning.

18. bjugrad79

bjugrad79 New Member

We have received about 100 inches of snow so far for the season in northern IN. My POP is safe and snug in the garage, though.

19. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

In the teens below zero this a.m. with a high of +3 today. Tired of the frozen tundra.

20. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

We were suppose to get 6 to 10 " but woke up to 1/2". They got it wrong but Im not complaining about it. It is 20 below wind chill and -2, coldest ever recorded in kc for the month of March.