Poll:What did you pay for your NTY PopUp?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by zanelee, Jan 1, 2007.

1. squarestuff

squarestuff New Member

1993 StarCraft (can't figure out the model) $40 off of craigslist. We got really lucky. This guy had got it off of a friend and just wanted it out of his backyard. It has a few small tears in the canvas and we already put new tires on it before our trip last year, but everything else is perfect. No mold issues, we need to fix a soft spot starting on the floor which we plan on doing as soon as the weather clears up. The original price on Craigslist was $50, but we only had twenties so the guy just said make it $40. We felt that we got the deal of the century. [PU]

2. fisherman

fisherman New Member

95 Duck $200

3. kcjam

kcjam New Member

1999 Jayco Acadia in great condition...I'm ready to hook up and go :) 3k

4. sallyannie75

sallyannie75 New Member

I paid $1400 for 1997 Palomino. One patched spot on canvas, but otherwise good condition. Around here decent condition pups sell for much more than the NADA suggested value and they sell quick!!

5. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

1998 Jayco Eagle 12 UDST, with hot water heater, new tires, good spare, furnace, fridge, dual tanks, outside shower, and both dinette tables. Gotta build a replacement step and reseal a few seams. $1000

6. jtvs800

jtvs800 New Member

we just bought a 1991 palomino filly pu for 1,000 bucks in pretty good shape got a few odd and ins to repair though should have more than a couple hundred in repairs and will be like new

7. mcminnick

mcminnick New Member

I got ours for two 30 packs of Busch Light and two bottles of Black Cherry Rum. It was headed to the salvage yard because the mice had ravaged it. Bought it home and removed the canvas, cleaned it out, washed it down with Pine-sol the first time to remove the mouse smell and followed up with bleach and water. We put the new canvas on this week, and I am working on recovering the cushions. We put two new tires on it. We have a 2013 34 foot Columbus 5th wheel that we camp local with, but we thought this would be fun to use if we wanted to get further away from home and not want to take the other camper. Also, it will work great for family to use to go camping with us.

8. Novarich

Novarich Active Member Gold Supporting Member

1997 fleetwood seapine 600.00 just needs a little tlc.

9. SidecarMike

SidecarMike Active Member

Bought a brand new shiny 2015 QuickSilver 6.0 yesterday. $5200 even. Lots of money for a tent on wheels.

10. tashagibbs1346

tashagibbs1346 New Member

I paid $200 for a 1988 Coleman Laramie - which surprisingly- is in close to new condition.

11. magnetix

magnetix New Member

2003 Starcraft 2409 - slideout dinette, shower/potty $5100
    We were looking for a newer model, but this one was in so much better condition than others we looked at.

Then we found out as we were closing the deal that it had been garage stored and hadn't been set up outside
    until the dealer got it from the owners.

12. dborn

dborn New Member

We paid 2500 for a 1997 Palomino Yearling from a dealer.. If I did it again I would watch Craigslist like a hawk for a better deal. The tires on ours were 7 & 8 years old and different sizes, with bad sidewall damage. Really clean canvas, with only a couple pin holes and a spot were a seem is coming undone. The inside needs a face-lift. But other than that, no major rust and lift mechanism works smoothly. One other weird thing, the awning was installed upside down.. Overall I'm pleased and hope to make this trailer last for many many years to come!

13. Joe Friars

Joe Friars Member

We paid around 2K for.our '95 Fleetwood Avalon. We purchased it from its second owner and was in very good condition. The first owner had kept every bit of paperwork that had come with it, as well as service receipts. He even mad a shrunken down version of the steup/take down instructions and had them laminated, added a second water container answer drew up a diagram for.that as well.
    that level of care made us quite happy with our purchase.

14. supton

supton New Member

I paid $275 for my 1995 Viking 1706; lift cable was broken. I figured, worst case, I could strip and sell as a utility trailer. [Not really true, after watching CL for a bit I'm not sure I would have broken even.] Got a few trips in after fixing the cable and buying new tires, but I think it's falling apart; it certainly needs lots of TLC before going on.

I paid $1,300 at the end of last summer for my 1997 12' Starcraft. Compared to the 8' box we are loving the bump in size. I wish the roof was good enough for an a/c unit, but otherwise really happy with it. Tires were good, although I did change the spare, that was still original. Am really hoping it made the winter with no mice damage...

I'm kinda keeping my on CL for another camper, a broken one. Might be nice to fix and flip. Or who knows, the bigger and better game is kinda fun. ;)

15. redneckgearhead

redneckgearhead New Member

1500 for our 95 coleman sequoia. Great shape and full of the former owners camping equipment.

16. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

People sure are getting some great buys out there.

Vin.

17. Diroshco

Diroshco Every school vacation I hide in the woods!

$600 for a 1997 Palomino that needs repair to one corner of the roof and mold removal. This is my first Pu. It is intended for me and my DD. Since DH does not care for tent camping (to his credit he tried), I am hoping this will entice him to come more often. I would not expect him to do cico (carry in/carry out). That is strictly my daughter and me.

Diroshco

18. danointhenw

danointhenw New Member

Just got a 93 Coleman destiny royal for $2500 (off Craigslist). New canvas, tires, door lock and some other items. The floor, looking from the underneath doesn't look like it's ever even been towed in the rain. Has a few minor issues that will be easily taken care of. The wife and I will be taking it rockhounding in about 6 weeks.

19. wvresq

wvresq New Member

After looking since March, Saturday we purchased a 1995 RockWood Freedom 1640 for $700 down from $1000. One major issue is a leak around the A/C. About 1/3 of the ceiling needs replaced eventually. Everything else is solid tho. Basic no frills pup, but it's exactly what we need !!! Just in time for birthday and Fathers Day trips !!!

20. scrt95019

scrt95019 Member

we paid $1000 cdn for our 89 rockwood. The canvas is in good shape, screens need a bit of help, but overall in ok condition. not bad, and was happy to find one that was big enough for our family of 5.... :) [CP]