Poll:What did you pay for your NTY PopUp?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by zanelee, Jan 1, 2007.

1. LAChargers

LAChargers New Member

$1050 for a 91 Starcraft Meteorite. Canvas in good shape, new tires. Wheel broken on dolly jack. one stabilizer broken., rear lens cover broken, table in jerry rigged state, cushions good. water pump line needs replaced. step into pop up was bent and unusable (now fixed) came with a dometic awning, small generator, and a porta potty. They were asking 1400. I am ok with the deal.

2. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

We paid 1500 2 years ago for our jayco 12udk. It's basic. Hand water pump. No heater but does have ac. New tires. Some mild on one bunk side from a leak. Typical rot in the front corners and one corner not lifting in its own. The converter didn't work either. Cleaned the canvas. Replaced a track and eyebolt for the lift corner. Replaced a fuse in the converter. That's it. Been using it since. Fridge works great as well. I guess a couple of the zippers are iffy but they do work. For that price and the number of days we've had it out I think we did great.

I got an 80's Coleman free once. It made a great utility trailer. The canvas was totally shot. I traded that trailer for a bigger trailer that I sold to pay for most of this camper so it worked out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mtnSUP

mtnSUP New Member

$800 for a 74 Starcraft Stardust Swinger. Wanted $1200 for it, offered $750 and settled at $800. New canvas a handful of years ago worth around $850.

Attached Files:

4. JPete1989

JPete1989 New Member

$1,900 for a 2001 Camplite by Keystone 10 SG. Just picked it up about a month ago.

5. Mintyman

Mintyman I sell propane and propane accessories.

$1200 for our 1998 Coleman Cheyenne. 1 owner and in very good condition.

6. Flossie

Flossie New Member

1989 Starcraft Meteor Pop-up. $500. Canvas, all mattress and bench foam in good shape. Tires good. Needed some good cleaning and had roof leak in the corner over the dinette - which we are fixing now.
    Took out all the old curtains which were useable but not pretty. We will also be taking out the sink and stove and propane. We cook outside - gives us more room for storage and adds a nice useable counter-top surface.

7. Uncle Nasty

Uncle Nasty New Member

Picked up a 1999 Coleman Taos 2 weeks ago on a whim. Saw it on RV Trader for $1650.00 I drove 80 miles the next day and bought it. He wouldn't budge on the price as it is in very good condition and has been garage kept. When I contacted him he acted shocked because he supposedly had just listed it. He said if I was serious about driving to look at it he would tell prospective buyers if I didn't want it he would call them back. Very nice retired gentleman and as long as we are both happy with the transaction that is really all that matter. I did look at several others on Trader as well and this was by far the best deal. Planning on taking it out this Friday for the first time.

8. 3BoysMommy

3BoysMommy New Member

We bought our 1993 Rockwood 1720 from a friend last summer for $500. The canvas has some mold damage but with a few repairs, it should hold out for a few more years. Unfortunately, we just discovered some damage to the subfloor that requires repair, but I'm confident we can handle it.

9. Vp0709

Vp0709 New Member

Just purchased a 2006 viking 2106 st for $1800. Well kept and looks good. It even came with the cover!!

10. tamranthor

tamranthor New Member

Just paid for and picked up our NTU 1986 Jayco J 806. [PU] Bought it from my brother-in-law, for a grand total of $300 plus a round of golf. There may have been beer involved. [LOL]

Now, to clean out all the cousin-type detritus and buy some quality air mattresses, and we will be in the woods. We sold our last popup to move to AK, and now that we are here, we never thought to get back out there so soon. Truly blessed, we are, so far as the camping gods go.

Off to Eklutna Lake for Mother's Day, making this mother a very happy woman, indeed. [:D]

11. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Last week We a 2002 Rockwood Freedom 2318G in great condition for $2700.00

12. AngryScientist

AngryScientist New Member

Got me a 1999 Viking 2107 for $1300. Canvas over the bunk ends is intact but the vinyl is cracking, so I think I am going to sport bunk ends covers.

13. Jay Fitz

Jay Fitz New Member

A few weeks back I took home a 2004 Starcraft 1707 for $1200, no canvas. Ordered a new canvas direct rom Starcraft (they had the shortest wait time at the moment) for $1100. $2300 for a PUP with brand new canvas and in great condition.

14. ktharmon1

ktharmon1 New Member

We just paid $500 for our NTU 1993 Fleetwood Pioneer Arcadia! So excited to get it out on the road in two weeks!!! Just need to do some cleaning and cushion covering. Some new curtains, and a lot of "us" into it and we are good to go!

15. jshopkins79

jshopkins79 New Member

1989 Coleman Chesapeake for $300. And the wife wants to redecorate so God knows how much it will cost me then......... [LOL]

16. theturtleshell

theturtleshell New Member

Hi. So we just bought a 2005 Fleetwood SeaPine pop-up for $4,000. It had 1 owner and it's in really good condition because the owner was meticulous on taking care of it! We think we got a pretty good deal!

17. Sterman

Sterman Member

Yup, you did good!

18. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

We bought a 2003.5 Coleman Santa Fe for $4500 in 2004 people bought it and wife said to much work traded it for a class A. it was February and the dealer wanted it off their lot. The same year now goes for $5999 out here.

19. UtahCamperGuy

UtahCamperGuy New Member

100 posts! Sorry needed one more. Lol

20. Dutch Oven Steve

Dutch Oven Steve New Member

Picked up our 1983 Viking for $600 in February 2015 and have been doing the "refresh" and getting her ready for the road.

All said and done I think we'll have about $1,500 in her with new tires/wheels, all new plumbing, recovered mattresses and cushions, new paint all around. We've got a lot of sweat equity in her but working on it together with the wife is priceless!