Poll:What did you pay for your NTY PopUp?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by zanelee, Jan 1, 2007.

1. AlcHemIE

AlcHemIE New Member

Bought our 2003 Palomino Yearling FT in 2013 for $2,700 in mint condition. Threw a set of new tires on it and cleaned it, haven’t touched it since. (other than maintenance). Owner needed it gone to make room for larger camper the week before Memorial Day, it was only on CL for 24 hours before i scooped it up.

2. JeffC

JeffC New Member

We bought ours for $8750 not counting the grand I gave the state to license it. They tend to be high out here, but the sellers had a new toy hauler ordered. Cash talks with private sellers. It smelled new inside and had only been used a handful of times plus it was exactly the model we were looking for AND really close.

3. Ptarmigan

Ptarmigan New Member

We just got our 2011 Viking epic 2406 a couple of weeks ago. Got it for $4500 from the original owners. We have our first trip planned at the end of the month. Can't wait!!

4. jk70

jk70 Member

$8,995 for brand new Rockwood 2015 4 days ago

5. CampAndPaddle

CampAndPaddle New Member

I think we got a really great deal. We were looking for a used pop up less than $3000. Found one on Craigslist that was close to work, but was at a dealer. No price on it. Since it was so close by, my wife and I went to look at it after work last week. It turns out they wanted $8000 for it, so we kept looking. Parked and set up right next to that one was an older one, i could tell by the cabinets and the decor. The canvas was in awesome shape, the Windows were clear, and the gas stove looked brand new. I asked the salesman about it and since the other one was 8 grand, I thought this slightly older, but in great shape other model must be $4000 or $5000 also. He said it was a 1992 Coleman Destiny Royale. It had one owner for 23 years and he bought it there. He never install heat, A/C, or gas for the stove. He never even used the stove. It was brand new, essentially. It had a queen bed, a double bed, and a sink with running water. It was basic, with no fridge, HVAC, or bathroom, but it had water and electric and it would get us out of the tent.
    The walk thru was going well, but I was nervous because he hadn't told us a price yet. I finally asked and then held my breath. He said they wanted $2400 for it. I almost yelled " We'll take it" but I kept my cool and asked for a few minutes to talk it over with my wife. We were so ready to say Yes, but I managed to hold out and asked him to add an awakening to it or drop the price $200. He did one better and did both. We got a brand new awning for it and got it all for $2200.

And that's not all. Because it was a dealer, they gave us all these free memberships to RV clubs and coupons for campgrounds and RV parks all over our area, about $2000 worth. So free camping for at least a year or so, and all that offsets what we paid for it. Win - Win if you ask me.

Time to camp in style.

Simon.

6. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

$9,995 for our 2011 Coleman Evolution E1 - was quite a surprise because I started my camper search with a budget of $500 for a fixer-upper, but once I saw the Evolution line I would settle for nothing less.

Sadly, I've probably spent almost $2k on upgrades/essentials since then, plus about $400 in NC taxes...

7. Troutman3000

Troutman3000 New Member

We got a 2007 Fleetwood Niagara in good condition for 6k. Its in pretty good shape just needed a good cleaning. The Atlanta market is tough because there is so much demand, we bought early in the season March when the demand was higher. Now it seems there is more availability but none for what we paid for ours.

8. huntca

huntca New Member

We got a 2003 Coleman Niagara for $3500. Camper was/is really clean, no stains or funky smells. All the major items work. It is missing one stabilizer jack and the awnings. We still had to drive almost three hours to get this. Camper was much nicer than anything I have seen on CL and way cheaper than any I have found at the dealership. All in all, I think we got a good deal for what we paid.

9. dvldog782

dvldog782 New Member

$1400 on a 1990 Coleman Roanoke.

10. tjmama

tjmama Member

$450 for the 1972 Camel. Drove 8 hrs one way to get her, spent approx 4 hours checking her out and hooking her up and drove home. With gas and food we were under $600 and it needed very little tlc. A little grizzley grip, cleaning, black paint for frame, polish, one panel of canvas, new screens and new mattresses. Wanted lightweight and simple and had to have a title for registration. All in all, we are thrilled with our cute vintage find.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Keith Hawkins

Keith Hawkins Active Member

We paid $4000 for a 2009 Palomino Real Lite 1002 a few weeks back. Came with everything needed to start camping right away. Purchased from my Step-Father and he literally gave us everything including an extra stove. We spent last weekend cleaning it out and were amazed with how much stuff he had in it. Thinking we got a good deal.

Attached Files:

12. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Tjmama, I love your Camel. My DH was at a garage sale a few years ago looking for camping stuff. The guy having the sale was selling lots of different gear. We got a crock pot for $1, two Coleman lanterns with hard shell cases for $5 each and a few other things. But the coolest thing he came home with was a vintage Camel canvas tent in great shape in the original box for $15! We have used it for extra sleeping space for guests while camping. The grandkids really want it to set up in the backyard so we will probably gift it to them this year. anyway, getting that tent caused me to do some research on the Camel Co. I didn't realize that they made military tents. In my opinion, you have one of the coolest campers on here! Congrats on a great find.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

13. campererin

campererin New Member

We purchased our 1997 Jayco 1207S last week for $1500. I feel like we got a great deal as i has a brand new roof top ac that will freeze you out.

14. r2rose

r2rose New Member

We got a 2003 Coleman carmel for $1500 she need some tlc with roof but all in all it was in great shape

15. RedAggie03

RedAggie03 New Member

Looks like I'm the fancy one here compared to some of y'all...Our used 2011 Jayco 141J HW was $10,500. It included a lot of stuff like power tongue jack, lynx blocks, aquatainers, etc, etc,...and it was in REALLY nice shape.

16. tjmama

tjmama Member

Thank you! I was so excited when I found this one, I thought it was too good to be true. I originally wanted an old Apache canvas only pup, but the only ones listed had no titles and that means no way to register here in Nevada. So I found this one and am thrilled. Love the third popout and the room inside with no cabinets in the way. The only one better than this IMHO is the one with the pull out kitchen. Those are super cool! :grin:

17. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

LOVE the camel!!!!

18. jerebee1

jerebee1 New Member

we just baught a 2008 palomino yearling 4101 in really good shape lots of extras paid $5000

19. Two peas in a popup

Two peas in a popup Let's get on the road!

We bought a 1995 Coleman Fleetwood Chesapeake CP for $1000 off of Craigslist. Needs a little work and some "making it our own". So far we love it!
    [PU]

20. El.Rakeman

El.Rakeman New Member

Bought a 1997 Viking about a year ago for $1200. A/C was our prerequisite since DW is not a camper. The Vikings A/C worked great, but had a leak somewhere around it, resulting in a complete ceiling replacement by yours truly. Sold it two days later do almost what we paid for it. Picked up a never slept in 2013 Rockwood 1970 last week for $6700. POs bought it brand new and hadn't used it! Well, we fixed that this weekend!

El Rakeman
    2013 Rockwood 1970, chasing a 1999 F150 hauling me, Mrs El Rakeman, Peaches, Gozer The Destructor and Harper the mini-wiener dog.