Poll:What did you pay for your NTY PopUp?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by zanelee, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Kcswarren

Kcswarren New Member

2001 Jayco Heritage Potomac, $800. Just needed cleaned to get camping!

2. poohsmom

poohsmom New Member

Just bought our first pup,
    2001 Rockwood with A/C and heater. In almost perfect shape $1,300

3. SqueaknMCrack

SqueaknMCrack Air Force Brat. Army Mom

$200.00 needed a new roof, new tongue jack, new front panel, new curbside wall panel, new wiring harness, new AC gasket seal.....

4. NorcrossFlyer

NorcrossFlyer Active Member

$3500 for a 2000 Coleman Niagara via Craigslist. Excellent condition. Probably garage kept for its entire life. Haven't camped in it yet but I have gone through pretty much everything.

- Needs new tires (3) in the worst way - ~$300
    - Missing wiffletree cover (ordered one on eBay) - $60
    - Top doesn't lock up with the clutch. Only the pawl latch. I think I can fix this but I'm not overly concerned about it. - $???

I wish it had a built in propane heater and top down access to the fridge, but I can work around those limitations. I really wanted this model for the front storage box and shower-potty. As a bonus I won't have to mess with the roof (The Sun Valley was going to need some roof work eventually) or the front panel which was separating from the body of the pup.

Sold my 2000 Sun Valley for $3000 on CL in one weekend. Purchased it last October off of Craigslist for $2800. I probably put $100-$200 into it so I either broke even or made a few dollars.

5. Miller

Miller '96 ColemanCheyenne - '14 Tacoma 4X4 DBL SR5 6spd

Quick question?
    What's a wiffle tree and when I learn that will I see why it needs a cover?
    We have a '96 Cheyenne, paid $500. We are the third owner, the 2nd owner did not garage in winter, we and the 1st owner did...ABS roof in fair to good shape, monitoring the small/short spider cracking now.
    Front box was rebuilt due to water damage by the 2nd owner...I am monitoring that always.
    The front box for storage is invaluable with our two young boys and our two old Coon Hounds!!!
    Yes I think they might all fit in there together... Good idea whomever came up with that light bulb [RTM] LOL NEVER!
    Thank you!

Keep the wind at your back,the sun in your face and the bugs outta your teeth

6. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

7. jumpoff

8. NorcrossFlyer

The wiffletree is the roof lift mechanism in a Coleman pop up. It is a long screw that when turned moves the roof lift cables forward and backward and therefore raises or lowers the roof.

The cover is important because it is a bearing surface, meaning that it is used to help slide the block that holds the cables forward and backward. Without it the block can dig into your wood floor or in a worst case scenario it could spin and destroy your lift system. Another job the cover does is keep water, dirt and road stuff out of the space the whiffletree operates.

I suspect the previous owner of my pup took it off for some reason (fix, clean, lube, etc) and never put it back on. I probably paid too much for my replacement cover because it is an official Coleman part. I'm sure someone could get a 1/16" piece of steel down to size and poke some screw holes in it for less.

9. Miller

Thank You Guys!!!

I asked my DW and she only had a suggestion where I could stick it when I figured it out. Cover and all!

10. faitheroo

faitheroo New Member

We got our 1990 Coleman Roanoke last spring for $850, which isn't a steal (the blue book is about $900) but I consider it a steal because of the excellent shape it was in. Only 2 tears in the canvas that were well-repaired (they aren't pretty, but they don't leak ;) )
    Not a speck of mold or mold stains anywhere, and the cushions and the rest of the interior was spotless.
    We had it inspected by a local RV dealer/repair place, and he also felt we got an excellent deal.

11. jumpoff

"I asked my DW and she only had a suggestion where I could stick it when I figured it out".... That's being generous....My DW tells me where to stick it before I figure it out.....

12. Miller

Jump!!!
    At least our ole DW's are still talking to us... Hell they're still offering us health tips!!!
    [​IMG]

The Dutch here was free. Roof was gone and tarped, LOL, for three years
    [​IMG]

Now she's The Dutch, my 9' X 5', 2200lb.gvwr. Registered Utility Trailer
    [​IMG]

13. New old camper

New old camper New Member

We purchased a 2014 Rockwood 1940 for $4500. It was a dealership rental

14. NorcrossFlyer

It was either rode hard and put up wet or you got a fantastic deal!

15. jumpoff

Miller.... Dutch is a really good looking utility trailer....great idea too.

16. Miller

Thanks Jump!!
    As absolutely bad as she was I still regret I didn't have the resources to bring her back to the PUP she deserved.
    $!!!
    Time
    BARN/GARAGE/SHOP to do the work and be able to come and go as needed when partially completing a phase.

Luckily The Dutch was the perfect "warm weather driveway project!!

17. dfitzgerald727

dfitzgerald727 Member

We paid $4195 for our 2008 Rockwood and that included our ball mount and a charge line for the battery. Talked the dealership down almost $2500 from their asking price. [;)]

18. autom16

autom16 New Member

I just paid $1200 for a '94 Fleetwood Destiny Rio Grande via Craigslist. I took a 3 hour drive (6 hours round trip) to pick her up. I'm just getting home... its 1 AM Monday morning but I'm happy as a clam! This is my first pop up that I have owned.

Attached Files:

19. autom16

autom16 New Member

I just paid $3500 for a slightly remodeled '99 Bayside in South Florida.

20. Mjohnson76

Mjohnson76 New Member

Just purchased a 2011 Rockwood Premier 277 HW for $8500.
    This thing is in great shape! So far the only thin I can find wrong is a broken rivet that hold up the door to the outside kitchen and some molding on the dinnete table is coming off. Either is was used very minimally or was very well taken care of. Interior looks brand new and mattresses are in new conditionals well. Very happy to get the price down from $10,900!