Poll:What did you pay for your NTY PopUp?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by zanelee, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Bryan Schipske

Bryan Schipske New Member

We Picked up a 2012 Rockwood Freedom 2318G for $5,000. Got it from a work friend saying it had only been used 4 times! It looks great! It has new tires, dual propane tanks, 13,500 btu A/C, wet bath with cassette toilet (never has been used). Looking at all the amazing info on here has given me a long list of things i need to pick up. Lol The only issue was the rear bunk canvas had some mold (It was put away wet!). My fiance has been cleaning it with awesome results! We picked up a mold killer spray on sale a campingworld then she mixed up some bleach and water for the vinyl with a brush and vinegar baking soda for the canvas. Looking like NEW! I will get some pictures up when i put the bunk end back on the PUP. I have flushed the water heater and will be sterilizing the water system the next time I open it up. Lots to do to make sure it is ready for the first trip of the year.
    Bryan

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Active Member

I have to agree with you about Craig's List. The second camper I looked at, the one I purchased, was listed on Facebook Marketplace.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  3. Edan Keven

Edan Keven New Member

1999 Camplite pop up
    $2000
    Everything works

4. Todd Garber

Todd Garber New Member

2001 Dutchman Voyage 810D paid 2400 in Nor Cal.

5. Stacy PErvis

Stacy PErvis New Member

I found a Craigslist ad for 2003 Niagara
    that description and pics were really nice. 100 miles away. I procrastinated and emailed the owner. Meanwhile I found 2 other big PUP’s locally that also had nice pics. I looked at the 2 local ones and pictures were deceiving. I wasnt looking for a project. Talked myself into the 100 mile drive. After the first two experiences, i wasnt confident. The Niagra was listed originally for $4500. Dropped to $4000. If it was what the owner said it was, I was ok at $4000. I drove down and it was beyond belief that a 15 year old trailer could be so nice. Beyond expectations by miles. Got it for $3500 and we were both happy. The process for me was a couple of weeks or a month on Craigslist looking daily. What do I want and would I settle for this or that? Pretty discouraged after looking at the first 2. I think it pays to not impulse buy but to look close at whats available and be willing to walk away even if it means starting your search over. Glad I did.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

I feel that I paid too much for our Taos. 1997 clean as a whistle,no rot,no stains. I paid $ 3000 for it. I normally wouldn’t do that but I looked at a lot of junk and a small one is what we wanted. Now its raining and we haven’t been able to try it out yet. Looking forward to it.

7. Overland Dreamer

Overland Dreamer New Member

$70... for a 1985 Starcraft Starlite TD21. It’s rough I just bought it today and I’ve already spent another $70 on it, it needed wheels to get home. We’re experienced campers happy to get off the ground, planning on gutting it and rehabbing from the frame up.

85 Starcraft Starlight TD21
    07 Silverado Ext Cab 4x4
    88 Dad
    89 Mom
    16 Cupcake
    18 Muffin

Bluerose81, Muller 5 and Overland like this.
  8. 2oothguy

2oothguy New Member

Just picked up a Rockwood 1640ltd 2017 with upgraded furnace, AC, and solar ready. Also the awning with screen room and another brand new one still in the bag. And a full storage cover. Picked it up for 4500. Seemed like a good deal. Drove 500 miles to get it and the Subaru Outback towed it like a champ.

9. zak99b5

zak99b5 New Member

I paid $1800 for my N2M 2009 Rockwood 1980. Needs a couple things, like some cushion covers and a new tire, and a good cleaning. According to the PO everything works, but he had trouble with the fridge on propane. Bought it from a guy I know who is getting a hard side, and he's willing to help me a bit to make sure it's all good.

10. Rufuzzy2

Rufuzzy2 New Member

Think I scored pretty big, just picked up a lightly used 2002 Coleman Sun Valley for $800 needs another few hundred to make it what I want but I can't complain.

11. Nugz

Nugz New Member

I got my 2013 Starcraft comet 1020 in near new condition for 5500. The family bought the PUP for the same reason we did, started a family from being avid tent campers. They threw in a lot of extras that will save us down the road!

12. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

$5,600 for our 2003 Aliner Scout low profile model. In good condition.

13. vinco

vinco New Member

$550 in trade value (traded an AR-15, actually) for our New To Us 1988 Coleman Sequoia, with 2 broken lift cables. Yes, the interior is sight unseen, but it towed home well and the exterior lights work as advertised. Gotta get the top raised up so I can fix the cables. PO says the AC will freeze you out, and everything else works. The outside stove looks brand new - completely unused. PO says the canvas is somewhat stained but completely intact. Going to get it raised up this weekend to check it out.

14. sleazy rider

sleazy rider New Member

2003 Coleman Carmel reasonably well decked out with a 3 way fridge, furnace, dual awnings and screen room. Canvas is clean and perfect, no soft spots in the wood ! $2200 and a 12 hour round trip drive. I'll have to do some minor repairs and a good cleanup when the weather breaks up here. New tires, deep cycle battery and some little bits here and there need repair or replacement to make it perfectly acceptable.

I love that it has an actual couch!

couch.jpg

kitchen.jpg

Melski likes this.
  15. Bluerose81

Bluerose81 New Member

I just paid $250 for a 1988 Jayco. Its snowed/flooded in here in Nebraska so I'm not sure of the model but the fridge works and the canvas/screens seemed to be in great shape!

16. aardvark

aardvark Member

2010 Palomino Pony 280 Popup: $2400 (found on Craigslist, and this was a real owner, not a scam; he was frustrated that no one who approached him and looked at it had bought it, so he was happy I came bearing a certified check).

It came with these options: water pump, 18,000 BTU furnace, and the ceiling fan, all of which I found to be handy.

The popup needed some paint (I rustoleumed it), and the trailer brakes didn't work, so repairing those cost me $300 (although they also did the wheel hubs at the same time, which normally cost $200).

I replaced the tires because of their age, which cost $200.

Other than a tuck here and there, it was near-new. Lots of these don't get much use, so I recommend buying used, but make sure that you check everything, especially the floor for rot, the roof for leaks, and the lift system (don't buy one with any rot in the floor or a faulty lift system, unless you enjoy major projects).

17. Melski

Melski New Member

We are hoping to buy a 2007 Westlake tomorrow. They were asking $3200, and lowered it to $3K. The previous owner took out the shower/toilet combo and the sink/stove combo. I’m fine with that—it gives us more floor space and a lighter load. I’ve been looking at CL and FB marketplace nonstop for months.

18. MeaganS

MeaganS New Member

3k for our 2000 Fleetwood. It's has a/c, working fridge, heater, water pump, etc. It's a very large popup with almost king beds in both ends and a slide out. With 4 kids, that's what we wanted, and while we probably could have found one cheaper, it was in good condition and had the specs we wanted.

We spent another 2.5k refurbishing, upgrading/fixing little things, and outfitting it (getting its own dishes and equipment, like a battery) and getting our minivan ready to tow that much weight. So for 5.5k, we have an adorable, completely functional popup with all the bells and whistles and that will fit our family until the kids grow up and leave.

Melski likes this.
  19. Sabman

Sabman New Member

Our NTU 2007 Fleetwood Niagra was listed on a local "marketplace" FB page for $5500. It was a one owner, well taken care of PUP. The folks selling it had a few deals "fall through". We looked at it and found a few minor things needed fixing. Ultimately, with a handshake and no deposit required, (a rarity these days I think), we returned a week later with $4000 cash and drove it home. We've put about $400 (toilet water valve, anti-siphon valve, and assorted little things) into it but it is a great camper. Well, the whiffletree grenaded just a I started de-winterization but we are still ahead of the game.

20. peter moyes

peter moyes Active Member

hello i got a 2000 coleman sedona ,,guy wanted 3500 ,i paid 2500 its like new ,,i looked at ones just a few years old ,,but not as nice as this one ,,i paid top price for me anyway ,,i love it