POOP IN THE PUP! (A Truly Crappy Thread)

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by BikeNFish, Dec 14, 2018.

Do you poop in the pup?

1. Absolutlely! That is why I have it!

19 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Sometimes. Only in an emergency.

27 vote(s)
    34.2%
  3. No. Never.

30 vote(s)
    38.0%
  4. What a terrible question.

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

OK. It seems that discussion is kind of slow on the Portal because it is off-season for most of the country, so in the interest of generating discussion I will ask a very personal question to all who use toilets in the pup.

Do you poop in the pup?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I voted sometimes only in an emergency, because i havent the opertunity to use it more. The first time out was never poop in the pup, but we had a few emergencies and it wasnt bad. No smell. So i would gladly poop in my pup again!

Orchid, neighbormike and BikeNFish like this.
  3. BikeNFish

We never have, but it isn't forbidden. We use it mostly for the nighttime. I can only assume that eventually it will happen. Even when we have boondocked there have been alternatives available (on site porta-potties).

Orchid and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. Turfit

Turfit New Member

I voted never, but to be honest there was that one time that my daughter said "it slipped".......

5. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

We have a portable toilet that lives outside during the day and sits in front of the door inside at night. So the answer is yes I do do. No campgrounds so it’s that or the bushes. Don’t like to wander around in the dark around here. Too many critters that would ruin your day.

Orchid, Sjm9911 and BikeNFish like this.
  6. LucythePUP

LucythePUP New Member

Never have, but I won't rule it out for my kids in the event of a middle of the night emergency.

Orchid and BikeNFish like this.
  7. Mogimus

Mogimus Active Member

Sometimes... mostly for the little ones and grandma (that's why I bought a pop-up with flushing toilet [8D]). When available, we use campground facilities but we also boondock quite a bit so that's when most of the action occurs. I added a Fan-Tastic fan directly overhead that not only serve its purpose as a vent, but adds a little "white" noise for a false sense of privacy.

8. BikeNFish

[LOL][LOL]
    [LOL][LOL]

9. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Only in emergency but I remind everyone its not an emergency if one had been holding poop for a long time. I define emergency as "sudden need" or "about to pour out the liquidified poop".

10. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I like my private time in the morning and don't like to feel rushed by other needing to use the common facilities at a campground. So yes.

11. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

When we got the TT and I was trying to learn about black tanks, dumps stations and stuff, DW accused me of being "obsessed with poop." So glad to see I'm not alone. ;)

To the OP's point I tried to establish a rule that the TT toilet was for liquids only. But that didn't last past the first trip. At our house rules like that don't apply to anyone but me. She who must be obeyed does what she wants. [:)C]

12. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

It's a toilet - That's what it's for!

The only thing to,do differently from home is to place a couple strips of TP at the bottom of the bowl first. That will help prevent skidmarks.

13. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

Part of the reason I bought my Starcraft was that it has a shower and toilet. Haven’t used the shower yet but fully intend to. As for the toilet; a cassette toilet is the best thing since toilet paper. I’ve been a wilderness camper most of my life enjoying backpacking, kayaking and canoeing and have always had a cat tool. For those unfamiliar it’s a small orange shovel used for digging a hole to bury one’s waste. Lately though I’ve learned a better way for me, look for a large rock that can be rolled over the poop. It’s faster and keeps the critters from digging it up.

However, when it comes to the greater amenities afforded by a camper with a toilet; I take full advantage. With today’s deodorizing chemicals, I don’t really notice the odor and neither does my wife. Perhaps others are more sensitive to toilet odors and prefer to use facilities outside the camper. I have to admit though, when you gotta go, you gotta go and trudging through the dark at night to find a big rock or outhouse just cuts it real close sometime. I guess for those who draw the line on #2 can wear some Depends as added insurance.

Orchid, BikeNFish and Toedtoes like this.
  14. NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

That is one of the reasons we went dark to a travel trailer. The privacy issue, even though there is only the two of us somethings that married couples prefer not to share.

KamperKel, xxxapache and BikeNFish like this.
  15. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

At our favorite campground there is a toilet in a remote area of the park that gets little use and is always clean.

It's a pit/vault toilet so the princesses and cupcakes avoid it like the plague. But it's great for that morning private time. [:)C]

16. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

I have three kids. My twin 14 year old boys would be dropping bombs and the popup would be uninhabitable unless I wore a gas mask like Breaking Bad.

17. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Well-Known Member

My wife sells Scentsy, the wickless candle warmers that might mask odors. We’re going to use in our popup and may be a gamechanger for some. They’re safe to use as it doesn’t burn a flame to melt the wax however uses a small lightbulb to melt the scented candle wax. https://goo.gl/images/Pm2huU

18. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I voted only in an Emergancy. When I first got the camper, I said no way. I changed the rule myself when I ended up getting a stomach bug on the first camping trip. With that said, the rule was not going to apply for my mom if she camped with me due to her health problem. She doesn't camp often with me but the camper was bought with her in mind. My niece and everyone else follows the emergency only rule. I often camp where there are some decent facilities. Now if the campground only has pit toilets I may change my rules yet again. I'm just very very glad I have it though.

19. BikeNFish

My wife and daughter at home like using similar wickless candles, but with cats in the house, I fear that one day I will come home to one of the candles tipped over and/or a waxy cat.

20. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

Never.
    Most of our camping is at State Parks with flush toilets, but no electric, water, or sewer. When the subject first came up, the rule is/was "you use it, you clean it".
    We do go to one county park that has full hooks ups, and in that case I allow #1 only.
    Biggest reason I wanted to upgrade from the previous pup was the shower. That gets used nearly daily.