POOP IN THE PUP! (A Truly Crappy Thread)

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by BikeNFish, Dec 14, 2018.

Do you poop in the pup?

1. Absolutlely! That is why I have it!

19 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Sometimes. Only in an emergency.

26 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. No. Never.

29 vote(s)
    37.7%
  4. What a terrible question.

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Exactly. Getting a full service bathroom in a TT is a huge upgrade...I imagine it's quite the experience for the whole family in a popup when dad is 3 feet away behind a shower curtain. I bet the sights, sounds, and smells are memory making.

2. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

Merry Xmas and Hi-de-ho!
    cap1.JPG

Orchid, brwarrior, Turfit and 4 others like this.
  3. J Starsky

I voted it's a terrible question but its just Dirty...

4. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Mr Hankey you're here too?? [LOL]

Orchid and J Starsky like this.
  5. J Starsky

He loves me and I love you

neighbormike likes this.
  6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

For my husband and me, using the folding toilet in the pup wasn't a problem, but I know that for some it's definitely a problem. If we had ever had others staying in the pup, we'd have used the potty tent or just trekked to the campground facilities. The TT actually has a (wet) bathroom with walls and a door, plus a fan if needed. Poopourri is a good product, helpful but not the type of thing that sets off my asthma. Not a full solution, but much better than the scented products sold for RVs.
    With the TT, I was leery about having to cope with the waste tanks. For the most part, it isn't anywhere as bad as I feared - really my only issue with it is my cranky hands managing the connectors and caps. We have solved most of the problems, and Courtenay has an idea to help me work the connector at the trailer on my own. I admit I prefer having to service the tanks when we're camped in a site with FHUs, if possible, so we can take our time without someone waiting behind us.

neighbormike likes this.
  7. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

My wife is mobility impaired, has to use a walker to get around. During the day, she uses the campsite facilities, but at night, she uses the porta potty.

8. generok

generok Well-Known Member

In the PUP, never since there was no capacity.

In the TT, yes, and often.

neighbormike likes this.
  9. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

E74176C7-3EF2-4A1E-8A74-A3918E64D525.jpeg originally the pup was moms, so YES, a nice “bedside commode” was required. we got a great toilet, i made a box stand for it to be higher for her to sit & get up.
    where we boondocked, it was a godsend. i still had my tent & my own commode.
    Dometic 5 gallon flushing.

now its just me. i modified the front cabinet door, made a rollling tray for the toilet, tp & trashcan. out of sight but easy to access..
    details on my blog.
    after a month of latrine/outhouse duty at GS camp, cleaning this one is easy.

my trick is to add cheap fragrant bubble bath to the blue chems. it covers the chem smell & helps when dumping. i prefer thicker tp, so i put tp in trash. toilet lasts longer, chems work better.

if i have time when breaking camp, i can take base to dump station & empty, or use camp toilet- which is another reason to not put tp in commode- too much stops up their plumbing. dont ever want to be THAT. rude camper. if not enough time, i dump when i get home.

i have a usb power mist diffuser for any odors, like 2 big dogs.

https://krazykatsmeow.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/toilet-cabinet-upgrade/

10. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

must be miserable cold up there BikenFish, if this is what inquiring minds want to know!

11. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

[LOL][LOL]

Everyone does it! I ought to know. I read the book!

Believe it or not, there was thought behind asking the question in a thread. Obviously not everyone is comfortable talking about this issue but I feel it is a very relevant topic here on the Portal. It is an "activity" that all campers have in common with each other yet few want to talk about it. It is personal preference on how to handle the deed. I know someone that likes to camp, but doesn't, because they don't want to deal with it. I feel that this question is no less relevant than asking if someone cooks inside their pup, except I am using the word "poop"[:(O] in my question instead.

If this discussion ends up helping someone make their camping experience better, then I've accomplished my goal in starting this discussion. The other goal I had was for folks to have fun with it. I think that I accomplished my two main goals.

And, yes, it's cold up here, so I poop[:(O] inside.o_O

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Orchid, HappyTraveler, Turfit and 3 others like this.
  12. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

For anyone of us who has had kids and has therefore had to deal with changing diapers the idea that this discussion should put anyone off is silly. [LOL] Compared to diaper duty using / servicing a porta potti, cassette toilet, flush toilet w/ black tank ought to be a total non-issue. [:P]

13. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

when my bff firrst got remarried, she would drive 5 miles to come to MY house to take care of biz. . she didnt want new hubby to see/smell/know.

now they live in big 5th wheel...w black tank.

a shower tent & good toilet can make ALL the difference in camping comforts. i may be out camping, but we ain’t roughing it!

14. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

just laughing Bike.
    its sunny & 63 in texas today.

Turfit likes this.
  15. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

This thread has the potential to rival "Smoky fires and large busted women not wearing bras." [LOL][LOL][LOL]

16. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Since TP was brought up, I thought I'd add this.

You don't need specia RV toilet paper. You can look on youtube for TP tests. Basically: if it's safe for septic, it's safe for your RV toilet. Kirkland, Angel Soft and Charmin all work fine. So you can pick the one you like and use it. Amount is similar to any other toilet - you know if you use too much in one sitting. The one brand I know that can be a problem is Northern. It even clogs up my house pipes.

You don't need chemicals to "break down" the deposits like you do with septic. The RV toilet is dumped far too often for that to be a problem and if the dumping location is septic, it will receive its own chemicals. Chemicals for smells is a personal choice.

Turfit likes this.
  17. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

I know, I was too, but ya didn't have to rub it in with the weather update!!

It is actually relatively warm here today at 44! The poop[:(O] is thawing!

HappyTraveler likes this.
  18. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

you crackme up. i WILL get up thre some summer for the Minnesota Renaissance Festival.

BikeNFish likes this.
  19. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

really? iwill skip blue chem & just use fabulouso

20. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

We just use regular "septic safe" TP in the black tank. I usually put a big squirt of dish detergent in the tank with the first few gallons of water that goes in the tank...I have and have not used chemicals. I never could tell a difference in regards to smell.