POOP IN THE PUP! (A Truly Crappy Thread)

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by BikeNFish, Dec 14, 2018.

Do you poop in the pup?

1. Absolutlely! That is why I have it!

19 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Sometimes. Only in an emergency.

26 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. No. Never.

29 vote(s)
    37.7%
  4. What a terrible question.

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I don't get the different rule for poop. If you won't empty the toilet with someone else's poop then why do you do it for someone else's pee? It's not like you have to touch it. It's less icky than changing a diaper.

Orchid and kcsa75 like this.
  2. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Agree 100 percent! I don't know why everyone get so wound up about this. Emptying the black tank is no different than emptying the gray tank. Hook up the hose and pull the handle. [:)C]

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Not the same if you are emptying a cassette toilet. Lumps while emptying = more splash.[:(O]

HappyTraveler, kcsa75 and BillyMc like this.
  4. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Exactly, I remember emptying the portable one we had as a teenager.

5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Grown ups are not allowed to #2 unless it's an emergency. Grandchildren (several of the boys) are somewhat obsessed with pooping in the camper. [::)] I don't care, the chemicals break it down as we always camp for a five day minimum. Not sure if a weekend would be enough to eliminate chunks or not. Smell never an issue, at least.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

Our soon to be camper has a cabinet for a portable toilet but nothing Built-in. I'm not sure how to vote on your poll because I certainly don't want to be stinking up the inside of the camper. I have every intention to still be using the privy tent probably set it up behind the camper. The idea here is to have separate "rooms". One for general living and the other for sanitation. However I can see this being a problem in foul weather. I mean nobody wants to run out from a camper to the privy at 2:00 a.m. when it's sogging rain. If I can keep a dry path by using an easy up or something no problem but if it's a horribly wet my I would probably bring a portable toilet back into the camper and use it if need be. Really no different than our master suite at home since the bathroom is 10' from the bed

neighbormike likes this.
  7. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Ok , so to update. I pooped in my pup during this last trip, and I will do it again! The campsite was the furthest from the bathrooms and i said to my self, self were going to try this poop thing because were only here for 3 nights. So , no smell, no problems dumping. I run some water in the tank( left there before the trip feom the last cleaning) put in one of those blue tab things, and a air freshener. I dumped the cassette on the forth day when we left. No problems at all, i make sure the cassette is mostly full, even if i have to fill it with the shower. It flushes easy, and doesn't use anywhere near the amout of water i thought it would. I fill the flush take before we left and it lasted a week , plus there is plenty of water left. So i pooped in my pup and i liked it.

8. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Active Member

That's the funniest story I every heard. I am so proud of you. I'm going to have to try it myself the next time I'm out. LOL

Orchid, Sjm9911 and HappyTraveler like this.
  9. Toedtoes

Congratulations! You have graduated from the kindergarten "yuck cooties" camping toilet school. [LOL]

Orchid and Sjm9911 like this.
  10. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Congrats @Sjm9911! Quite liberating isn't it? [:D]

11. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Some guy posted this on the Facebook in a post about draining your black tank.

Think like a logger. You keep the logs in the pond until they need to go down the river, in lots of water. Then when its time for them to travel down Schitt's creek, you open the dam and let it run out down the rapids. For good measure the flow/rapids from the grey complete the task.

12. BikeNFish

I’m pupping (yes I said pupping) near Hayward, WI right now! The potty/shower tent set up between the pup and the screen tent. If I have the urge to try pooping in the pup I’ll have to move the porta-potty into the pup. I don’t have the “urge”. The potty will stay in the the tent. 2C9E67FC-0A5C-4BEF-93E5-B5452A6F67C8.jpeg

Lloyd B, TheBlurb, J Starsky and 3 others like this.
  13. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Try a cheese curd, they're breathtaking... [:D]

BikeNFish and HappyTraveler like this.
  14. BikeNFish

I’ve had my share! I lived in Sconny for three years while I finished school.

neighbormike likes this.
  15. Orchid

I had to come back and change my vote from "emergency" situations only. While I've always allowed the grandchildren to #2 in the camper, on the last trip we took I found out by accident that grown up #2 is no different. [LOL]

Not only does it make zero difference in the emptying, but no smell inside the camper either. Our shoilet is completely enclosed, and even overlapped by vinyl curtains. It's always hot when you enter, as it doesn't get a/c. I should have realized that this doesn't allow for air movement in reverse either.

Sjm9911 and Toedtoes like this.
  16. Toedtoes

If you try the black, you'll never go back.

Most reasons for not using the toilet for #2s are only an issue before you ever do it. Once you've doo doohed, you realize those issues don't really exist.

17. Orchid

[LOL][LOL] So true.

It really is a non-issue.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  18. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Active Member

I seem remember we had a potty training book when our boys were little; think it was called "Everybody Poops".
    Just saying.
    I think people build up the whole thing into something worse than it is.

Orchid, Sjm9911 and Toedtoes like this.
  19. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

No one has pooped in our yet, I don't think the DQT has even peed in it yet. She acts so shy with bathroom things, but not with how she wants to dress sometimes.

20. Orchid

[LOL] Typical teen girl!