Pop up flooring remodel: Peel and stick vinyl tiles?

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by AZ Pancakes, Mar 29, 2020.

1. AZ Pancakes

AZ Pancakes New Member

Hey camping friends, we are in the middle of our 1999 Coleman Westlake pop-up remodel and I want to replace the vinyl flooring with updated stone looking vinyl tiles. I know everyone is going for the wood plank look but I prefer a tile look. Question: We live in Arizona and the camper is stored outside under a covering. It can get up to 120 degrees during the hottest time of our summer. Will the peel and stick vinyl tiles work for our climate? Does anyone have any experience with replacing the flooring with a peel and stick (groutable) 12x12 vinyl tile? Thank you!

2. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

I used peel and stick tiles years ago on a different pup. They held up well to Arkansas weather. I would think that grout would be a horrible idea. The pup bends and flexes way too much for standard grout.

AZ Pancakes and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ Diamond Supporting Member

My friends had their flooring redone in their Hybrid trailer because the tiles were coming unglued. They had their flooring redone by Camping World in Avondale. Maybe give the service center a call to see if they’re will to share what works in AZ.

Our weather is hotter than other states.

Happy Camping if you can...[ALPU][PUT]

AZ Pancakes likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

You could also get the vinyl resilant flooring, click in place floating floor. I think you would be ok with eaither, but i wouldn't grout. You could also do 1 peice linoleum again. Up to you. Some say the peel and stick tiles will move a bit when it gets hot. They used to sell a sizing made for the peel and sticks.

AZ Pancakes likes this.
  5. AZ Pancakes

AZ Pancakes New Member

Thank you! I know it get's pretty hot in Arkansas too plus you have the humidity so if it managed to stay in place in your state then maybe it will work here in AZ. And Yes I agree with the grout idea... It would just crack off with all the bends and flexes.

6. AZ Pancakes

AZ Pancakes New Member

GREAT Idea!!! Thank you!!

7. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Never had good service from peel and stick tiles anywhere.