Pop Up Gizmos

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by jadenjdawg, Feb 9, 2017.

1. jadenjdawg

jadenjdawg New Member

I purchased a 1997 Dutchmen "Duck" back in the summer, and I am working on fixing a few things. The canvas is in decent shape, but appears to have some sun damage over both bunk ends. I believe the previous owners left it "popped up" for extended periods. The canvas above the bunk ends appears fine from the outside, but from the inside looks cracked. I sprayed some water-proofer on the inside, and I haven't really noticed any leaks. I was thinking about ordering a set of Pop-Up Gizmos to put over each end, but wanted everyone's thoughts? Also, the screen on the road side bunk ends are shot, apparently from sun-damage? The screen is fine every where else. Does anybody have any thoughts about fixing the screen? It looks like the entire screen needs replaced? It would be nice if some sort of glue would work? ANything to not have to sew?

2. mrobuck

mrobuck New Member

You can always replace the canvas as well. I've looked into repairing or replacing our canvas before, and found this site. http://bearcreekcanvas.com/ seems pretty reasonable.

3. sierrapup

sierrapup Active Member

can't speak to the screen problem, but I can say that I absolutely love my gizmo's. [:D] summer or winter I never leave home without them... [8D]

4. wecamp

wecamp Member

We loved ours when we had the pup. Also used them. Kept the bunk ends cleaner.

5. bknjohnson

bknjohnson Tyngsboro MA

The gizmos are great, really like ours, those are only going to cover the top of the bunkend, not the screens. I would not rely on them for weather protection because even with the high wind versions, it's always possible they will come loose in wind and rain. Recommend checking out www.canvasreplacements.com and bear creek as previously suggested. The can make just the bunkends for you, it is easy to install yourself and then you'll know that the canvas and the screens are all in good shape. We had to use canvasreplacements when critters destroyed our canvas one winter and they were fantastic to work with.

nate1 likes this.
  6. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Loved my Gizmos, definitely get the super high wind versions, they won't go anywhere.