pop up parts.com

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by bholmesr, Dec 17, 2012.

1. bholmesr

bholmesr New Member

Has anyone here had any experience dealing with this company, I need to order some parts for my old pup I recently acquired. My concern is the site seems a bit sketchy just my humble opinion, but also seems to be the only place I can find the items I require to fix my pup.

Thanks

2. catmanblue

catmanblue Only thing better then fishin is campin and fishin

Never heard of it but I'm going to check it out. Keep us all informed if you hear something.

3. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Never heard of them, but then there's a lot of stuff I've never heard of, just ask my DW, she'll tell you. [A]

4. Shuswap

Shuswap New Member

I'd be cautious. There is no "about us" describing who they are, there is no telephone number and the address is a po box. For canvas they note a 16 week delivery.

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I'd also be cautious given the facts mentioned above, I don't remember considering them when we renovated the previous pup, I had to search the 'net a lot for parts.

if you let us know what your pup is and what you're looking for, others may be able to direct you to a source.

6. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

I just looked at their site. I don't think I would do any business through them either.

7. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Their site looks like all the products canvas replacement has. I'd go through them for the simple fact they have a telephone number to call them.

8. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

If it's this place: http://www.popupparts.com/ then I know the owner, and camp with him on a regular basis. Popup Parts is a reputable business and has good parts and prices. McCamper (Mike) is one of the founders/admins of the Great Lakes Pop Up Club (glpuc.org) also.
    There are no problems dealing with Mike and his businesses.

Katskamper likes this.
  9. bholmesr

bholmesr New Member

Well I just might have to give it a try after the holidays.

Thank you all for your input.

10. abbadackerygirl

abbadackerygirl Alabama...yeah it's better than you think.

Thanks for chiming in FriarTuck. I was starting to sweat!

11. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Give us your feedback if you order from them.

12. malaki86

malaki86 New Member

What do you have to do to get them to reply to an e-mail, since they have no phone?

13. CaliforniaPoppy

CaliforniaPoppy California and beyond!

At least he didn't privatize the domain registration. If you do a whois on the domain name, you can get a full name, address and phone. That's always a good sign.

14. pgmccrea

pgmccrea New Member

11 days and counting since placing my order with www.popupparts.com and still no hint that anyone is even checking e-mail. Really losing my patience!!!

15. malaki86

malaki86 New Member

I received my parts. They said that Jayco was doing a computer system upgrade and everything was delayed. They even helped me get a wrong part exchanged pretty quick.

They could definitely use some customer service skills, though.

16. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Every time someone inquires about this vendor, it always seems to be the same ending, Someone order the parts, parts don't arrive and no one ever replies to inquires to the company. When the parts do show up, it's usually 2-3 weeks later with an explanation that it wasn't us, it was the suppliers we use that had the problem. Meanwhile, customer never receives any communication nor acknowledgment till the parts show up.
    Horrible way to run a business and there are much better alternatives out there, I guess I just don't understand in this day and age how places like this stay in business and why they don't just give a "darn" about the customer...

17. Lowkey485

Lowkey485 2000 Coleman Niagara elite

Just purchased a NTU 2000 coleman niagara and was considering getting a needed canvass from this site, but after reading all the comments I will continue to look for another option.

18. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

@Lowkey485-

Welcome.

Check with both Canvas Replacements and Bear Creek Canvas for new tenting for your pup. Both have excellent track records. In the case of our previous pup, we chose CR, since they did not need the old canvas (long gone to the landfill after being eaten by mice after being removed from the pup) for a pattern, while BCC would have needed it. We had bought other parts from CR and were impressed with the quality of the lifter arms they manufacture as replacements. Prices are comparable between the two.

I do not remember if this was the website, but when I was searching for the new canvas for that pup, I found at least one place on the internet selling replacement canvas that, on closer reading, seemed to be from CR. I figured we were better off going to the source.

Kamping Kay likes this.
  19. ghacker

ghacker Active Member

Ditto on CR and BCC. Both have excellent reputations. To be honest, don't recall a single negative comment on either.

20. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

there was another site whose location was (is?) in Riverside CA that has been sketchy and I believe another member has issues even trying to get a call back.