Pop up roof repair near Cindy Ohio?

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by Malsruls, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Malsruls

Malsruls New Member

I noticed some bubbling on the top of my roof in the two front corners. Does anyone have a repair shop they could recommend. I don’t mind driving if they are good. My post should say Cincinnati Ohio. TIA

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. It would help us to know the year, make, and model of the camper. Many shops do not work on popups or old campers.

3. Malsruls

Malsruls New Member

Thanks for the tips! I have a 2007 Rockwood Freedom 1940 pop up.

4. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

You may not know this but many shops refuse work on any trailer more than 10 yrs old - not a hard & fast rule but generally is the case as the cost of repair could easily exceed any residual value the camper may have. When that happens owners will often just walk away leaving an unpaid service bill which can be difficult to fully recoup by selling the trailer. The simple answer for any shop / dealer - don't accept the job in the first place.

The second issue is damage to the roof which is sure to be far worse than you expect, with the only way to determine for sure is to remove the roof from the camper and put it inside (garage for example) where you can flip it upside down and disassemble it from the ceiling out to the roof membrane. Read the forums long enough and you'll find countless posts by those who've had to do this to ensure a fully leak free roof. Not a job for the faint of heart.:eek:

Tronicus likes this.