Pop Up vs all-inclusive

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by p, Jul 18, 2019.

1. p

p Active Member

I will start by saying I like my tent trailer. I love completing mods. I just refurbsished a rusty Coleman road trip bbq and added an att. for a lp hose. We have travelled for a month at a time for the past three years to Tofino, BC. with our trailer. Everyone should go there.

However...

We cancelled our trip this year and selected an all inclusive trip to marival emotions, in Nuevo Vallarta next month.

Don't hate me.

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

We will not hate, just judge. And its all about what you want. I do both. Camping is just different, all out vacations are nice also. Dont do it again! Unless you need a break from camping.......

Orchid, 1REDBEARD and HappyTraveler like this.
  3. p

p Active Member

The cost of the resort will insure I don't do it again. Is it wrong that one of the highlights will be not doing dishes or making meals?

momofEAP and HappyTraveler like this.
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I believe in doing various travels. I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life simply camping. I love camping, but other travel is just as wonderful.

The Tundra Buggy polar bear expedition is on my to do list. It's expensive, but something not to be missed. Antartica cruise, Europe, etc. Can't just take the camper there.

Enjoy it all!

Orchid likes this.
  5. Ken Lane

Ken Lane Active Member

When I lived in Europe my family and I took 2 all inclusive vacations to a couple of Turkish resorts, one on the Med, the other on the Aegean sea. We had a wonderful time in both places. I rented a Fiat the first time, fun car. I rented a BMW 3 series diesel the second time, that car was a blast. I enjoy food, so I had to be very careful with all the wonderful cakes, pies, deserts. Both areas were big on Roman and Greek ruins and we had wonderful weather. The swimming and sailing was pretty good too. With Erdogan in power there I won't go back. Enjoy your vacation.

6. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

That's part of the beauty of an all-inclusive: you can eat or drink pretty much whatever you want, whenever you want and there will be others to clean up the mess. Sometimes, you have to just take care of yourself. I'm sure you'll have a blast. We always do. The camper will be there when you get home.

7. seldomseen380

seldomseen380 Active Member

Have Fun !!

Make Sure You Plan an Excursion to El Eden Canopy Tour in Puerto Vallarta . It is a Jungle Canopy Zip Line, that weaves through the set of the movie Predator. Some lines are 300' in the air! Make sure you watch the movie first because you will see some of the set still in place. It's Awesome. Watch out on the tequila tasting part of the tour, they give you a free shot of different tequila, you buy a bottle, they wrap it up for you, and by the time you get back to the states, you finally try it. Well needless to say, it is Not what you tasted back in Puerto Vallarta ![Guitar]

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Whatever works for you at any given time. Have fun.

9. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Yes have a great time, enjoy, be safe.

10. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

The important part is you have fun and able to recharge your mental battery. [:D]. I would love a trip exactly as you have planned, but camping is way cheaper. A friend of mine went on a pilgrimage in Peru, camping or staying in hostels along the way. Really jealous of him.

11. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

We love to mix up our travel and do different things. Keeps life interesting. Have fun!!

12. p

p Active Member

Thanks for the thoughts. Recharging batteries is important. And thanks for the zip line idea...I just don't know about bringing kids for the tequila part.

13. Chloe

Chloe Active Member

We have done many AI vacations in the past and haven't regretted any of them! Enjoy your trip! I see where you're going in Mexico... and I'm jealous, lol. Enjoy that beach! I haven't been in Mexico on the west coast. Eat lots of the food. Do lots of the things. EveryTHING. Go snorkeling or whatever watersports they offer! Enjoy....

14. Balthisar

Balthisar Active Member

No shame. I've done Grand Palladium in Riviera Nayarit (just north of Vallarta), and Grand Palladium Riviera Maya. Totally different type of vacation than camping.

Have fun. I'd say enjoy the trip, but you don't need anyone to remind you of that! You're going to absolutely enjoy yourself!

15. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Do whatever you and the family feels like doing, the main thing is enjoy the stay and relax. Good Luck and have a nice time making memories and having a great adventure

16. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

We take cruises every few years. Kind of all inclusive if you're not into shore excursions or alcohol. [LOL] It's a nice change, though.
    Also, there are quite a few other non-camping related trips in our lives. It's all good. :smiley:

17. p

p Active Member

We need to create a campground that is:
    -all inclusive...pot lucks every night, you just don't have to bring the food and drink or dishes
    -mod projects to select from for your trailer
    -free firewood
    -nobody allowed to walk through campsites
    -plugins
    -private sites
    -all sites ocean front

Orchid likes this.
  18. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

I actually enjoy being the primary cook on camping trips. DW knows her way around her kitchen, but outdoor cooking is my domain. DW wants to do a cruise that would be all inclusive, but we've done the resort thing.

19. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

No hate here, maybe a little jealous! We also enjoy different types of vacations - camping, road trips with hotels, all-inclusives, cruise. DH and I are currently saving cc points to book us an all-inclusive trip soon. Do what makes you happy!!!

20. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Hah - I have a countertop dishwasher I inherited from my folks when they moved. Last year for fun I drug it along and hooked it up to my outdoor kitchen setup. I have to admit, for a week long camp it was kinda nice to just load the dishes and press "wash." It does take up some extra room in the TV though! I did it more to say "I did it, and it worked!" although I wouldn't bother in the future as it was heavy and bulky.

If I had a TT that had the room in the counter though, I would totally install it.

My biggest issue with an inclusive trip is the over abundance of people. By and large we don't like to be around lots of people, and things like cruises and resorts are a special level of hell for us.

Enjoy your trip, take pictures and make some memories. In the end that is really what it is all about.