Pop ups and security.

Discussion in 'Campsite Security & Safety' started by Sjm9911, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Never had a problem either, BUT...I learned long ago "never say never"...I do lock my coolers (Rtic) to a table etc if we're gonna be out for a length of time, & lock the Aliner door, up crap creek if we're in the Go tent camper(zipper), but nothing of major value is left in either camper...been a number of years ago, but there was a rash of cooler burglaries along the OBX that were unsecured in the back of trucks/SUVS or in rod holder baskets, those that were secured had their contents removed, mostly young dudes seeking barley pops etc...if you lay on your table, rock back & forth & mumble, most folks will give you a wide berth...

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Active Member

My PUP also has Velcro along the door. Even if the door is locked, it's still easy for someone to get inside if they want. Anything of real value is always in my tow vehicle if we're not at the camper.

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

For the rcord, i did buy the door alarm thing, i will test it out when i get a chance. It has a remote to activate and deactivate it. I think its a good idea as a deterrent. It should scare people as they will not be expecting it on a pup. Hope it never has to be used, but thats like half the stuff i buy, just in case.

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. Rik Peery

They make an alarm for motorcycles etc that goes off when jostled, thought about buying a couple a few years ago, one for my truck tool box & one for my kayaks, but you have to manually turn em off lol; I lock my yaks to the extender in the bed, but imagine the wrath of others if they went off at night & it took you awhile to turn 'em off...***bottom line, the alarm will give you peace of mind, post how it works!

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. JenyPleeson

JenyPleeson New Member

Yeah, right. If the alarm starts randomly in the middle of the night, then wait for the neighbors at your door, pointing a finger in your face. I was at my friend's house when an alarm system of one of the neighbors turned on, and the sound was so load, that everyone in the 1 mile radius heard it for sure. Usually, the smart security systems like Vivint home security, are not gonna turn on randomly and disturb all the people around. This is more characteristic of low quality systems which people use to install in their houses.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  6. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office Gold Supporting Member

Right, because that's responsible thing for a gun owner to do <eyeroll>

Rik Peery likes this.
  7. Rik Peery

Lol, won't happen at my house, my neighbors aren't idiots...

tfischer likes this.