Popularity Poll

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Unstable_Tripod, Aug 29, 2011.

1. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

My dream is that fancy campground right on Key West. The warmest, sunniest, most tropical place I could drive a camper to!!! Don't think we'll ever get the PUP that far. But DH and I have dreams of moving to the "silver side" (Airstream) for retirement and I will make it my personal mission to get us there!

2. Aneemal33

Aneemal33 Active Member

All of the places listed are amazing. This country has too many incredible places to visit to narrow it down to one, but I'll give it a go.

For me it would be a week on the west coast on a beach on the ocean. At least with a PUP if it happens to be in California, I can pack up my ish and leave after the week. I won't be stuck there! :p

3. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

Alaska

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Believe it or not, am happy camping here in Florida , I have visited most state parks in Fl and all but one was great. The weather is usually great for camping, when not I can turn on the air or if to cold the heater.

5. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Elk Prairie Creek Redwood State Park....the DW & I love this campground very much. We have been camping there 3 times since 2014 and would like to go again next year. Giant tree forest is the key and shaded trails is another. Weather--only 53-70 F in Aug. DSC_22391.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Tulip, HappyTraveler and gladecreekwy like this.
  6. nhlakes

nhlakes Well-Known Member

I’ve not yet camped in the Pacific NW up into Alaska, so that is probably the closest thing to a dream trip for me. (I’ve been there, but just on business travel.)

I’m hoping I will not have to wait another ~10 years for retirement in order to make it happen. ;) (My plan is to consult my way into retirement, with larger and larger 'gaps' in between consulting gigs as the years go by. I keep trying to tell my wife/CFO that I'm retired every time I'm between gigs and we're traveling for fun, but she just rolls her eyes at me.) ;)

HappyTraveler likes this.
  7. tdiller

tdiller Active Member

Alaska, Washington (state) and Oregon. Then I will have visited all of the states reachable via land. Hawaii will have to be a flight or cruise.

8. CAmZay

CAmZay New Member

Southern UT/ Northern AZ/ Southern NV/ CA Mojave Desert. I love being outside in those places so much that I moved my family to be in the middle of all of them. Now all are within a few hours of our home!

9. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

I've been fortunate in my life that I've been to a lot of the places mentioned in this thread. Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks along with NW Wyoming (outside the National Parks) in general have clearly been the highlight for me. The top of my list currently is Monument Valley in northeast Arizona/southeast Utah. Like Yellowstone NP, Monument Valley has been on my radar since I was a child. I grew up smack dab in the middle of the Continental US (Manhattan, KS) but have always liked the west. I think it might be because of all the western movies and TV shows I've always enjoyed.

Having said all that, I've really enjoyed reading through the thread and looking up new-to-me places others have talked about. [:)C]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  10. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

Grand Tetons cg was a dirt site. We were tent camping with four kids 8,7,5, and 3. The dirt was like grey baby powder. 3 yo fell face first into it as soon as he stepped out of the van...

11. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

That Manatee park is now on my list.

12. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

Since this thread has been revived…

I'm hoping by next summer, we'll be comfortable enough to head for Michigan. My brother's family takes their TT to a campground on Lake Michigan every summer, and I think it would be awesome to join them.

Mom used to have a summer place in NC, and we once went to a place that had a microbrewery and campgrounds (and disc golf courses). I'm hoping we'll get up that way some time. It's only 5 or 6 hours, maybe 7 towing a pup. I think the DW will enjoy it, because she's a mountain person.

Me, I'm more of a beach person. I'd like to camp at Ft. DeSoto park in FL, partly because it's kind of close to Mom and the other brother and partly because BEACH. I'll probably have to get lucky to get a reservation for that one outside of summer, though.

Bucket list: Road trip across US2, and another through Canada.

13. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

Mesa Verde has been on my bucket list since 2001. We went out west from Missouri then and saw a lot but did not get there. I've wanted to ever since. Someday..

14. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

It's really cool, or at least it was in the 90s. But there are a lot of steps, so if you have trouble with them, you won't get to see the in the cliffside homes. There is one you can see on top though.

Nani2 likes this.
  15. Overland

Overland Active Member

I only read the first and last page.. excuse me if it's already been mentioned.

As of now on the priority list..Canyonlands National Park, camping along White Rim Trail. Many other sites i'd like to see in SE Utah and i'd like to visit western Colorado again. Hoping for 2020...

16. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

I’d like to go to Gettysburg.

Arlyn Aronson and kcsa75 like this.
  17. Tulip

Tulip Active Member

In Canada we'd like to go to Newfoundland and Labrador, specifically Gros Morne National Park and L'Anse aux Meadows. Newfoundland is the only province we haven't camped in.

In the States we'd love to see the Grand Canyon and Key West.

18. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

I'd like to go there as well. I'm a history buff.

19. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

We spent the day there and are so glad we did. It is very sobering. The area is beautiful and our GPS took us through winding wooded roads that have to have great camping areas.
    We love history too and I want to spend a week camping near Williamsburg. We've been but I think camping will add to the experience.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Arlyn Aronson likes this.
  20. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

My bucket list includes Mesa Verde. We have been to Colorado but did not get there and I have always wanted to get back there. We now live nearly 500 miles further so it is more difficult.
    I would also like to take the southern route home including the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest.
    My big bucket list item will not include camping though--snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef. We almost did this on a liveaboard a few years ago.