Popup Camper with Cassette Toilet Shower Combo Hookup Help!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (Blue, Grey, & Black)' started by Kristina Morton, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Kristina Morton

Kristina Morton New Member

So we're new to the camping world as adults, used to camp a lot as kids. We recently bought a 2014 Viking popup camper with a cassette toilet shower combo. We were told we could hook it up to the sewer hookup at the campground but cannot figure it out. It looks like only the shower drain can be hooked up but the usual RV sewer hoses are too big. Any advise from experience popup campers? IMG_1141.jpg IMG_1142.jpg IMG_1143.jpg IMG_1144.jpg

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

3. Kristina Morton

4. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

You can't hook up a cassette toilet to the sewer. You dump a that kind of toilet by removing the cassette and taking it to a dump station or the camp toilets (if permitted). There are adapters for those shower drains. My pup has a similar smaller line for the grey water - but only from the shower. The sink drains out the side, since the shower has a 20gal waste tank to use.

I personally found the shower aspect of the shoilet to be a pita. I use the toilet way more than I need a shower, and if I used it I always ended up with water everywhere and would either have to dry it all off with the towel (making a sopping wet towel in the process) or deal with a wet toilet floor when I needed to use it in the middle of the night. However, I could see myself using it now if I ever went camping in the middle of a pandemic, but at present I have no plans to do so.

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

HappyTraveler likes this.
  6. Kristina Morton

Thank you both so much! This helps tremendously! I've tried googling many different options but haven't found anything that really answered my question so figured I'd post on here and get answers straight from experienced campers that have dealt with this.

7. Old ackpacker

Old ackpacker Member

I have a 1998 Viking 2460 and I rigged up a 2 inch pvc drain that runs from my shoilet under the camper And I capped it with a female threaded adapter just under the edge of the backside of the camper. Then I made a screw on adapter that flairs to accept a sewer hose. I drilled a hole in it and epoxied a male hose thread and feed my sink drain into it. Works like a champ. Gonna post a full detail on it, but here’s a few pics. 11BF6D9C-8F30-47AC-A58A-1082E3F96E43.jpeg 4D8FAA6D-67F6-42B5-9229-12149C05FB05.jpeg

Attached Files: