PopUp Canadian International Rally (Week/Weekend)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Snow, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeCamper

JoeCamper Eastern, Pennsylvania

What is everyones thoughts about Guelph Lake Conservation? It would be nice at the water.

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

The Biggest problem with Guelph Lake is (as we found out back in May) that it is almost 70% of seasonal campers. Yes the lakes are nice and the CG is is nice, but does have alot of seasonal campers.

Here are a few other suggestions:

https://secure.camis.com/UTRCA/UpperThamesRiverCA?Map

If I find others I'll post them

3. JamesRL

JamesRL New Member

Wonder if they allow PUPs in the group camping areas there, I know many (Rockwood) don't .

James

4. JoeCamper

I have worked with many CGs for rallies and have NEVER had one allow popups in the group (tent) camping area.

5. Full Circle

Full Circle Greely, Ontario, Canada

Just want to keep this post going, hoping for others in the east to see it and chime in.

Anyone??? Anyone??? Beuler???

6. JoeCamper

You don't need to worry about keeping this going. We have big things happening. Coming Soon!

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Alright folks of Ontario, General information and questionaire was sent out recently, if you haven't received it yet, you'll be getting it soon. Please PM me or my Eastern counter-part Full Circle the answer(s) to the questions since your input will help to create your rally(ies).

8. Full Circle

PopUp Canadian Rally - Sending PMs

Hey Snow, i'm stopped right now, got an error message saying i have exceeded the maximum of 15 pm's per hour. SInce i can't pm the moderators for another hour, i'm posting about it in the Let me tell you what i think forum. Hopefully they can temporarily lift the ban, or its going to take me forever.
    Ad

9. JoeCamper

OK, I have to say that I'm laughing out loud, sitting here in my office.

Full Circle: There are limitation to the number of PMs you can send in an hour and also a day so that noone can SPAM. I normally let members know that they should only send 10 PMs per day. This doesn't exceed the limits and allows you time talk to members who reply.

10. Full Circle

Ya i figured it was an anti-spam measure, but seeing as how i have 90 people to pm, i was hoping there was a way around it. Don't know if you saw the other topic i posted, but i guess if you have 10 people on the send list, its counts as 10 whether you've only sent two messages or not...

Guess i'll set my timer
    Ad

11. JoeCamper

It is an anti-spam measure and there is not a way around it except email and I prefer not to go outside of the forum software.

I have to laugh because I joined this site a few years ago to camp with others and when I started a rally and started PMing members to invite them, the system locked me out because I sent to many. Then locked me out again and I got my hand slapped.

12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Funny... I sent out the same amount yesterday with no problems. Did you send them out 1 at a time or did you send it to 10 people at a time? could be the difference.

13. Full Circle

Re: PopUp Canadian Rally - Sending PMs

Thanks for splitting this of Joe, didn't really want to post there, but i, as you are aware, couldn't pm. [LOL]

Snow, nope, not 1 at a time, 10 at a time, I actually only sent two messages out.

Its a slow day at work, figured i'd be able to get it done quick. Just sent out the 3rd and the 4th messages though. So we're on our way!
    Oh and uh...for the other moderators, don't be locking me out of the forum...pretty please.

14. BrendaD1123

BrendaD1123 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I already emailed Adam, but for what it's worth, I know we'd much prefer a Provincial Park over anything else, especially a place with a lot of seasonals. And private parks tend not to have a lot of privacy. Having said that, we'll attend regardless of where it is, just putting in my two cents for the Provincial Park vote. There are so many to choose some, I'm sure we could find one that would make everyone happy. [:D]

15. mouse6196

mouse6196 New Member

Even though guelph Lake is a short walk away for me, I'd prefer apark like Earle Rowe. It's accessible for people from all directions. Toronto people can come into it by Hwy 89, south accessible up Hwy 10 and east by hwy 9. It has great facilities, a pool, beach. the site over in the are of site 82 are fairly private yet open enough to enjoy each others company. Lots of parks adn close to town for those trip for forgotten things and food. necessary for rallies really.

My vote is for Earle Rowe...but I will try to attend no matter where it is.

16. 92_Flagstaff

92_Flagstaff New Member

I spent many, many weekend at Guelph lake in my college days. Not a place I'd like to go now though. Like others, I prefer provincial parks. We had a great time at both Earl Rowe and Balsam Lake this year. I think the west side of Earl Rowe is a good choice, as it is closer to the attractions and kids/family activities. We were on the east side this year, and the gated access gets a bit old after a few trips in and out.

17. BrendaD1123

BrendaD1123 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Earl Rowe was actually our choice too!!

18. Csea

Csea New Member

Re: PopUp Canadian Rally - Sending PMs

if we could get like 90 people at the rally... that would make one hellofa rally ... [:D]

19. Csea

Csea New Member

I dont mind travelling 2-4 hours max. However Id prefer if I didn't really have to take the 401. I know there is ways around it if I can somehow program my gps to not take me on the 401. (Can't handle the turn right turn right turn right going on the #2 from kingston to napanee) Never been to any P.P in ontario. Been to Rideau Acres... but then thats not a P.P. I dont think... I dont even have a clue. Ok rambling crazy person shut up now.... [LOL]

20. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Alright campers of Eastern Ontario, for the most part that would be you if you live East of HWY. 48 ish, no there really isn't a set dividing point. This is the last week for you to contact either myself or fullcircle and cast your vote (opinion) on where to hold the Rally. By this time next week I will be passing along the info to JoeCamper so things can start to be planned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.