PopUp Canadian International Rally (Week/Weekend)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Snow, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Custom

Mr_Custom Member

Re: The Official Bon Echo Who's Campin' Where Thread

Sorry, been off the grid for a bit. No problem with the helmut. A bit disappointing that there are not many others coming though. Makes the pot-like more like share-a-meal.

2. Full Circle

Full Circle Greely, Ontario, Canada

Looks like there are still 7 or 8 sites with electric available and quite a few without. Any last minuters???

3. Mr_Custom

Mr_Custom Member

Adam,
    four of us total. Hope you can make it.

BTW It looks like a pot luck could be slim pickin's. It might be a good idea for all three of us to communicate on this one so we don't all bring salads!

Anyone coming and interested in pulling together to do a pot luck should chime in.

We do a wicked Caesar salad or potatoe salad. If anyone else has some specialites and wants to offer lets take a look a what works together.

4. warwgn3

warwgn3 Car Shows are 2nd only to Camping!

I'm not that great of a cook so I can try for something easy, like burgers, or hot dogs...

If the pot luck doesn't work out, perhaps we can just exchange dinner invitations between each other. 1st night, dinner @ my site, 2nd night, dinner at Mr.Custom's site,, and so on?

5. Full Circle

Hey Guys, its a no go for us and i feel like i must explain and apologize. First, i'm not looking for sympathy here, I'm relaying this because i hate feeling like i've dropped the ball in other peoples eyes. When the rally idea first came up last fall, we never really put the dates together. My father in law passed away last summer two days after his b-day, which happens to fall on fathers day, the 20th, this year. Understandably, my wife has been back and forth as to whether she should spend the time with her mother and if she could actually handle camping this weekend. Her mother said go camping, have fun, but my wife believes thats a brave front, and up until last week we were still undecided about the rally. This past weekend DW had a long talk with her mom and decided to bring the kids to my MIL seasonal for a BBQ. All four of her grandkids will be there. So once again, i'm sorry for not being able to attend the rally. My wife is not a member on the site, but she's definitely spent a lot of time reading over my shoulder. She recognizes names and such as much as i do and we were looking forward to meeting some of you. I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend, and week for you Doug. Here's hoping that a few other members will show last minute, and if not then have fun spreading the portal word to other puppers you meet. Take lots of pics!

Adam

6. Mr_Custom

Mr_Custom Member

No worries and no apologies required Adam - we'll catch up at some point. Family first always. Bon Echo is one of the top parks around here and it was on my list regardless of the ralley.

Doug, I like the rotating invites even if it's a drop by for drinks and snacks. Who knows who might show up. Tough to plan without a solid headcount.

Definately we'll catch up at the park. Drive safely!

7. Mr_Custom

Mr_Custom Member

Just got back from the rally late last night and I can safely say I met everyone there! Actually that would be warwgn3. Oh well hopefully more folks will show up this week as Doug is holding down the fort for the week.

We walked into campsite 372 looking for Harvee3 but the folks there never heard of em. [;)]. No worries though as they were really nice folks with a brand new fleetwood and now know about the portal.

Basically it was a nice weekend with little rain. We had a thunder banger come through on sat night about 11:30 pm that cut into our bourbon tasting time but other than that it was just steamy hot. The highlights for us was meeting another PUPer, the park - I had not been there since my rock climbing days 20 years ago and 20 lbs ago and 2 kids ago; a narrated boat tour of the pictographs on the rock, Warwgn3 brought marshmallows the size of my kids heads; and a geocache that could only be reached by canoe that took you to a mysterious old cabin and a secluded beach. We ended up heading out late Sunday night due to work demands and no connectivity but a nice weekend was had by all.

Thanks Warwgn3!

8. warwgn3

Well, Mr. Custom., After you left, everything turned to crap. I managed to go swimming and rent a kayak on Monday.. Tuesday - Thursday was 3 days of non stop rain and an earthquake. On Friday I walked a trail, and one of my friends showed up.. Saturday was rain until sundown, and we packed up and went home on Sunday.

My little black and white Television got only 2 channels, so I was stuck with soap operas, news, and pre-school kids shows. Thus it was a relaxing but extremely BORING week with being stuck in the trailer watching tv, with the 5 days of crappy weather.

9. Mr_Custom

Mr_Custom Member

Bummer man - sorry the week was a bust. What was the earthquake like there? On another note, I have done some of my best sleeping in the rain :)

I wonder if anyone else showed up this weekend?

10. warwgn3

Nobody else showed up for the rally that I know of. The earthquake was weird. I was lying in the camper watching "Days of Our Lives" and I thought someone or something was intentionally shaking the camper. I actually opened the door and looked under the frame checking for critters.

11. Full Circle

Sorry it wasn't better weather for you. Sounds like the first weekend was a lot of fun though.

12. warwgn3

On a lighter note, I kept an eye on my car's fuel economy via the "trip minder", and It seems that it gets an average of 23.1 MPG towing highway, at 100km/h (62 mph)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.