Popup Gizmo Mod

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by Liv, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Liv

Liv New Member

While the canvas was off, I did the gizmo mod. Sewed the Hook side of the velcro to the gizmos and the loop side was stapled up to the inside of the roof. I think it looks great, but it will look better once we finish the canvas and get it installed this weekend.
    Then I took some extra and replaced the velcro that was holding the curtain strings together. When I bought the pup this spring, only 2 of the 6 strings had velcro. Now they all do. :)
    Lov
    Liv

[​IMG]
    Loop velcro stapled to the inside of the roof. I wanted the softer loop there for times that I might not have the Gizmos up then the hook velcro is not scratching the vinyl.
    [​IMG]
    Closer up.
    [​IMG]
    Gizmos attached.
    [​IMG]
    Curtain rope fixed with a little extra velcro.
    Lov
    Liv

2. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Nice work. It's such an easy mod and makes installing and removing the Gizmos soooo simple. Enjoy!

3. jrclocks

jrclocks Member

I did this Mod as well, but I went the cheap and easy route. I only used three 3" x 1" pieces of Velcro. I placed one in each corner and one in the center. The bunkend roof helps holds the Gizmos in place once the shepards poles are installed. I bought the Velcro with the high strength adhesive backing at Walmart and we've had no problems with it coming off the roof. No stapling required, just clean the area with alcohol prior to installing adhesive-backed Velcro. We did sew it to the Gizmo.

We've been through some horriffic wind storms over the years and the Velcro has never failed. Also, its easier to install and remove since you only have 3 attach points.

Hope this helps others thinking about this Mod,
    JR

4. Liv

Liv New Member

You might be right, it might be over kill, however I camp in some REALLY windy places. [;)]
    Lov
    Liv

5. 97Flagstaff

97Flagstaff New Member

Nice work Liv you should go into business lol!!! id pay ya to mine!! lol!!