PopUp Gizmos, Cool!

Discussion in 'Featured Products' started by PopUpSteve, Jul 26, 2010.

1. jshulenberger

jshulenberger New Member

I don't think I would do this until it started to happen, but how about using the clear sticky runner that you see in an open house, or model home. It's about 2 foot wide, and comes in a large roll. I think it's just called Protect-It. You could adhere this to the surface to help hold everything in place. Can't hurt if you're going to replace them anyway.

2. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Hetzgog - I fold my PUGS and slip them under the mattress. I've had mine since '04 and usually camp at least once a month from April through Nov. No delam problems with mine at all. That being said, I wonder if my are still good because I only have dbl bunks, so the PUGS are smaller . . .
    Guess we'll see as I just got a NTM '08 Bayside and am going to order PUGS for this camper next payday.
    Now the home discussion is centering on Super High Wind or just regular? I've had teh regular version in some pretty stiff winds and with enough clamps it's no problem, but again, smaller bunk ends.
    Great product Bob, and great service.

3. Chuck2009

Chuck2009 Nights Camped this year so far: 16

I have a question...I am getting ready to order mine within the next few weeks. When they are attached with velcro to the inside of the roof, is that one way that they can be stored? Just to leave them connected at the roof and stuffed with the bunkend before the top is let down? Or do I need to remove them each time?

Thanks for your help.

4. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

I leave them on and store with bunkend canvas. That is the reason I did the velcro mod. You may need to use some glue to keep it on.

5. Chuck2009

Cool...thanks.

What about shallow staples to keep the velcro attached to the wood on the underside of the roof?

6. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Even better. I have a ABS roof and wanted to leave well enough alone.

7. Chuck2009

Hahaha...Okay, thank you sir!

8. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I left mine attached to the Velcro after the last trip (See PopUp Gizmos Setup). But normally I do fold-up the Gizmo and store it in a canvas bag.

BTW, Bob does sell a PopUpGizmo Bag now. It's kind of like the messenger bag we sell on our Cafepress site.

9. clay

clay Pop up...then Pop-a-Top...my friend.

If it does not matter what side is up or down depending on heat vs. A/C then why are the Gizmos colored?

10. cookmonst

cookmonst New Member

I live in florida, I have them and use them all the time, they keep the bunk temp down quite a bit, they also are great if your camping somewhere with a lot of tree droppings , plus when you tear down the can vas isnt as wet ffrom the a/c unit, well worth it.

11. the cable guy

the cable guy Happy Camping

We love ours. Nice guy took the order and arrived within almost 48 hours. We found the top edge around the pop up was difficult to stay tucked under the camper. We fixed with stapling with 3/8 inch staples to a Velcro strip and apply Velcro to the gizmo's. We leave our attached and fold up with the camper. Good stuff. Read the reviews also before buying and most to all was good and so was my experience. The only regret is why didn't I think of that.
    Thanks,
    Martin Bentley

12. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

When I spoke with Bob about the color of my order he said: "Because the customers requested them." Bob has done blue, green, camo, he almost did pink once! The latest information is it DOES matter, use the shiny side out always, again according to Bob. (Absolutely outstanding customer service!)

13. harw30650

harw30650 New Member

so... I have the standard 2 bunkends (king) so I would order 1 set or 2 sets of the gizmos?

14. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

You would order one set (a set being two or more of an item). Call Bob and he will hook you up with exactly what you need.

15. perkioman

perkioman New Member

I'm a single mom traveling with an 8 year old -- can I put these on myself or do you need two people?

16. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

17. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

well, my Cabela space blankets won't fit on the bunk end of the new AR-ONE. No place to fasten my bungee cords! [LOL] looks like I need to make a call and see if I can get 1 Gizmo that will fit my bunk. Probably a high wind so I can strap all around the bunk?

18. angie_brown

angie_brown New Member

I ordered our gizmos today, I can't wait to get them!! I'm actually thinking about calling back and ordering the gizmo for the cooler, does anyone else have one of those, if so, what are your thoughts??

19. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I know this is an old thread, but, even though I was already convinced they work well, I had a chance to compare pups with and without PUGs yesterday. We brought our new pup home on Saturday, so the new PUGs have not arrived. As I was working between the 2 pups, what a difference the PUGs make. The old pup only had the roof vent and door open, with a PUG on the bunk; the new one had most of the windows open, plus the door, and the drapes closed on the sunniest side. The old pup was a more comfortable temperature. The metal bunk support bows and rod were hot to the touch.
    I ordered the super high wind version for the new pup. I'm not too crazy about having the straps across the screens from a view standpoint, but the payoff of having the PUGS on the bunk ends be worth it.

20. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Bob does indeed stand behind his products. We had a problem with ours and I called him and explained the problem and he took care of it. I've got new Gizmo's coming. Fast and friendly service from these folks and highly recommended.
    Bear and Brie
    Gilmer, Tx.