portable stereo for boondocking?

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by acoustic5679, Apr 28, 2010.

1. acoustic5679

acoustic5679 New Member

Does anyone have a good suggestion on a portable boom box/stereo with MP3 hookups for boondocking? I suppose it would have to be solar or battery powered since the wall outlets do not work without electric service.

2. caper75

caper75 Switchin to Glide...

I have one of these in the below link. It came in a package deal...didn't want it at the beginning however happy with it now. The 18v battery keeps for a long time, it has a Aux in for my Sirius Radio and is loud enough to listen to without annoying anyone next door. Just a thought..

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D=972133&Ntt=972133&catalogId=10051&langId=-15&storeId=10051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=0&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber

3. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Thanks for the link, Caper.
    I have alot of Ryobi cordless tools (and batteries) and that radio would be perfect for camping. Not a bad price either.

-Chris

4. andersonbc

andersonbc New Member

I went this route. It sounds great and supports USB flash along with an auxiliary input.

5. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

We have one of these that serve a dual purpose... Player plugs into it and powered by 4 aa batteries with built in speakers.... Cookin and groovin at the same time... [8D]
    [​IMG]