Portable table?

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by MaeKay, Aug 5, 2019.

1. MaeKay

MaeKay Well-Known Member

C6B87B56-33A3-4813-907E-19534A9803C6.jpeg

What do you do for a portable table? I really like our dinette but I think it might need to be used as a bed. We often camp at dispersed/undeveloped sites and my kids love to color and paint and craft in general. Plus as a family we enjoyed sitting at the picnic table to eat meals every day on our last campout.

Ideally I’d love an EZ-up type screen tent and put the table and chairs in there. I’ve seen these “portable picnic tables” used in our classifieds. But when we tried one out I was afraid my little kids would break it. Clearly not an option.

I’m leaning toward a folding Lifetime table and maybe just having to make do with our camp chairs pulled up to the table. If only I could find a deal on a used one. They hold their value a lot around here!

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

I use THIS table.

MaeKay and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

MaeKay, Sjm9911 and BikeNFish like this.
  4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I have the exact same thing and love the adjustable legs, it folds in the middle for storage. I bought mine at Home depot on sale for $29.95 plus tax

Sjm9911 and MaeKay like this.
  5. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Seems to be a popular table. I have the same one as well!

Sjm9911 and MaeKay like this.
  6. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Same here! We have two of them. They work great and we also use them at home when we have lots of people over.

Sjm9911, BikeNFish and MaeKay like this.
  7. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

I prefer the roll up tables, light weight, easy to carry and store.

MaeKay likes this.
  8. Chloe

Chloe Active Member

We have a rectangular roll-up table that works well. I like that the legs are adjustable for uneven ground.

MaeKay likes this.
  9. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

We use folding tables up against the outside wall on both sides of the POPUP trailer door... We also have smaller folding tables to use next to our folding chairs...

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

MaeKay likes this.
  10. MaeKay

MaeKay Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! I’ve seen that table at Walmart that most of you use. I’ll have to reconsider it.

Orchid likes this.
  11. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We actually take 5 tables, two Coleman 4-in-1 ones, and three roll-up aluminum tables. The Coleman and one of the roll-up tables adjust to counter height, so are great for cooking and clean up. Another roll up and the Coleman adjust to coffee table level. Flexibility is key for camping equipment for us. On any given trip we use between two and all of the tables.

MaeKay likes this.
  12. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Im starting to remove stuff , so some of my tables went. I have a roll up table to sit around, and a plastic folding table to cook on( one half of the plastic is metal so the griddle goes on that). I did also have a nylon table, and a folding aluminum table, and the smaller fold out picnic table. I find the more crap i set up the more i have to pack up when leaving. And mostly, we dont need that many tables. I am starting to bring an aluminum step bench, can be used for a smaller table, seat, or a step stool. But still not really needed.

kcsa75 and MaeKay like this.
  13. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

The Lifetime table that so many mention above, we have that one too. It comes along if we think we'll need that much extra space (e.g we're camping with friends).

We also have a "Table in a Bag" (roll-up type table) which always gets set up right next to the outdoor stove, and more recently have another folding table which is a bit smaller and more like a TV tray, but bigger. That one gets moved around as needed as its incredibly light: sometimes it's by the cooking area, other times it's by the fire holding s'mores supplies, etc.

Edit to Add:

Here's our "Table in a Bag". Very light, packable, and versatile (and easy to set up) and we paid maybe half of this on an internet deal: https://tableinabag.com/shop?olsPage=products/brown-regular-table-in-a-bag

And our other one: https://www.cabelas.com/product/BAS...8871.uts?productVariantId=6171913&WT.tsrc=PPC

MaeKay likes this.
  14. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We have one of the Lifetime ones, but it was hard for my hands to adjust (they may have improved it by now) and bulkier than the others, even though it is 2 x 2' folded. It's now permanently set up in work space in our garage.
    About the time I think of leaving one or another home, we end up on a trip where using all of them is handy. I have to find a new travel place for one of the 4-in-1 tables, since they slide around in the space in the TT, but will still take all the tables. I'm often using 2 or 3 sections of the 4-in-1 tables in my outdoor sewing and sitting space, 2 of the roll-up tables make a good kitchen area. The third roll up table is rectangular, and makes a good coffee table when we meet friends. If I was going to omit one, it'd be that one, but it takes up very little space and is lightweight. It's also a backup if one of the other one breaks. We already wore one roll-up table out.

MaeKay likes this.
  15. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

You could just make a plywood filler in place of the table to make the bed. And use your table elsewhere.

16. MaeKay

MaeKay Well-Known Member

I wish but ours is just held in place with two poles, not legs.

17. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

MaeKay likes this.
  18. MaeKay

MaeKay Well-Known Member

I definitely want to temper how much we take. We got a travel trailer after the popup specifically so I didn’t have to do a ton of work setting up. But I really liked eating outside and my kids color and do simple crafts all the time. (They “polished” rocks last time with water colors).