Portable water heater?

Canoe2fish

Apr 14, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I want hot water for an outdoor shower and outdoor kitchen projects.
Wondering if anyone has any real-time experience with Gasland, Eccotenp, Hottap brands? (They all look the same, I have to assume the same company produces them all)

Here’s an example;

Tankless Water Heater, Gasland BE158 1.58GPM 6L Outdoor Portable Gas Water Heater, Instant Propane Water Heater, Overheating Protection, Easy to Install, Use for RV Cabin Barn Camping Boat, White https://a.co/d/4xJiRXw

I’d need to rig up a manifold and extra lines to have it connected to both the shower and outdoor kitchen at the same time but I think that should be pretty easy to do

Johneliot

Jan 1, 2022
Chico, CA
The reason I ask is because I have one and I’ve used it with a hose attached from a faucet. I have no idea if I could use it hooked to a 12 volt pump immersed in a bucket. I do know they sell ones that come with a 12v set up.

kudzu

Gold Supporting Member
Oct 20, 2014
Knee deep in kudzu
I always lean to the low tech, low expense versions first. My version of a portable water heater is a kettle, either electric version or in a gas stove. A 1.5 liter kettle of boiling water is plenty for a nice shower. Hot water can be stored in a large thermal carafe for kitchen use. For showers, it can be mixed with cool water in a garden sprayer, shower bag or bucket with 12v spray pump.

The 12v spray pump I’m referring to are the inexpensive combo style sold in Amazon & Ebay. I don’t think those have enough flow for the style of water heater you mention. Am thinking the tankless require a higher flow than those little pumps generate. But you are likely already planning something with higher gpm.

Canoe2fish

Apr 14, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I always lean to the low tech, low expense versions first. My version of a portable water heater is a kettle, either electric version or in a gas stove. A 1.5 liter kettle of boiling water is plenty for a nice shower. Hot water can be stored in a large thermal carafe for kitchen use. For showers, it can be mixed with cool water in a garden sprayer, shower bag or bucket with 12v spray pump.

The 12v spray pump I’m referring to are the inexpensive combo style sold in Amazon & Ebay. I don’t think those have enough flow for the style of water heater you mention. Am thinking the tankless require a higher flow than those little pumps generate. But you are likely already planning something with higher gpm.
I was originally considering a weed sprayer but I wasn’t sure what to expect regarding pressure drops and volume. I’m not opposed to going that route first.