Post Christmas Trip-Ga/AL/SC?

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by Babiaca, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Babiaca

Babiaca New Member

We wound up in a cabin at F.D. Roosevelt last year post Christmas but that was because we were still just using a tent. It was way too miserable in the cold rain to attempt the tent but now we have our awesome little pop-up so we hope to camp for a few days after Christmas and into New Years. I don't want to head to even colder temps (we're north of Atlanta) but want some ideas not too far of a drive either. We may end up at FDR again because it was so pretty and peaceful but where else can you suggest for our holiday refresh trip? We loved the quiet to calm us after the holiday chaos but also enjoy hiking and exploring little towns nearby. 2 Adults, 2 kids and 2 dogs.

2. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Hello from Dallas, GA. We have FDR on our "to do" list but have never been able to get there. The holidays for us are pretty busy from Christmas through New Year's, so I don't think we could do that. Maybe another time, another wonderful GA campground we can camp with y'all.

3. Babiaca

Babiaca New Member

FDR is fabulous so definitely get there. We have so much going on over the holidays and host so many events with family that we have to escape to get the peace afterward! We have had some job turnover this year so our camping has been slowed more than I'd like but we want to hit as many GA state parks as we can. Fort Mountain has already been booked for October and I can't wait!

4. threebeachboys

threebeachboys Active Member

Not sure how far you are from Myrtle Beach. Started going there for New Year's Eve maybe 6+ years ago and stay at Ocean Lakes. This is very much a resort campground that honestly I wouldn't get near during the season. But it is quiet, right on the beach, has good off-season rates and an indoor pool. Weather permitting, fireworks displays, etc. Really like it that time of year - I'm just not one for crowds, neon and golf carts.

Not sure we will go again this year as my boys have "aged out" with school, jobs, etc. . . .But was something the kids looked forward to every year when they were younger.