Post purchase experience

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by sdpadsfan, Aug 13, 2015.

1. boonie2

boonie2 New Member

This post REALLY makes me wonder WHY anyone would buy something and take delivery without having a FULL inspection and Correction done [?] [?]
    seriously , would you drive off in a new car without going thru it FIRST and making sure everything is correct , or buy a home ? ANY Dealer is going to do as little as possible to close the deal , so EVERYTHING is buyer Beware .. JUST COMMON SENSE :)

2. sdpadsfan

sdpadsfan New Member

Actually, I have taken delivery on my last three new cars without even test driving them and have never had a problem. As total noobies, our mistake was viewing this as a vehicle purchase rather than a house on wheels. We also were not aware of how the RV industry works. Now we are.

3. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

You aren't alone on that.

Dealerships hear the same complaints from new owners all year long, over and over and over again. Same crap, different customer. I imagine it gets quite old to the non executive staff. I can only surmise that it is more profitable than any other option for the executives or it would not happen everyday.

4. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

People do it often out of being genuinely ignorant to the abhorrent manufacturing and customer care practices of the RV industry. Many (likely most) do their homework, inspections, and due diligence, and they still get bamboozled. It's all day, man.

sdpadsfan has simply joined our club of untold numbers. Start camping sdpadsfan. If it were me (and it has been), I would forget and deeply archive this thread. Be prepared to be very proactive and resourceful/self-sufficient with your camper's repair and maintenance. The junk you went through to get it will continue with its care. We are currently into our 6th week of waiting for a dealer and manufacturer to follow through on our very simple part order. If it was readily available on the web, we would have had it 6 weeks ago. Gotta call again today, as a matter of fact, to listen to the "blah, blah" about our part order. It will be our 5th contact for a $3 piece of plastic. Got things taped together while we wait. We would have fixed ourselves if it were possible. All they want you for is the RV purchase. They flaunt their "mating" colors and song, and once the deal is consummated/they have your wallet, you become an official "Chump" or "Suck-a."

Our "warranty" year was an absolute joke, and now any time we need the industry for something, they suck. We avoid interacting with the dealer(s) and the manufacturer as much as possible - only when we cannot fix or resolve matters ourselves do we drag ourselves to them.