posting pictures

Discussion in 'Web Site Features/Products' started by nconniej52, Nov 21, 2014.

1. nconniej52

nconniej52 One semi-retired DH and a cute blonde Shih tzu

I can't figure out how to post a picture. Can someone help?

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=30812.0

I use flickr, and it works just fine, as long as I use the correct method for this forum. (I found a sewing forum more difficult to post pics in; I have to remember to change what I copy and paste for each forum.)

3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Unfortunately many of the photo album websites have made it harder to post photos to a form instead of easier. But if you follow the instructions listed above you should be okay.

4. dcbain

dcbain New Member

I use Flickr and took a few tries to get it right. The important thing to watch is that you use the sharing web address. Click on share, then select HTML; a box will show a string starting with a web address. That's NOT the one to use. Scroll along it to the right and a second web address stasrting with "https://farm" will appear. That's the one to copy and paste into your post.

5. money pit

money pit What could be so bad??? We are camping!!!

I use photobucket.... pretty eazy to use...just sign up (free) just drag your photos to the upload box from the folder where you keep them ....u can caption them or leave...... then you can look into your "bucket" upload folder for the photo you would like to post then click that photo it will come up in the window then on the right side of the photo there will be options for you to share that photo..... the "IMG" option is the one you would use.... click the web address in the box and it auto copies it to your clip board.....come back to the post your working on at this site and right click for your paste option and paste it in....

6. RFryer

RFryer Hopkinton, MA

I'd like to start posting pics straight from my smart phone (iphone) but they are too large. Anyone know an easy way to edit the photos and still upload directly from a phone? My photobucket account seems to have died and it's a pain anyways to use that and then bring it onto the forum.

7. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

A lot of andriod phones took the option of reducing the quility level down, i dont know why. Took me a while to figure out why my other pictures posted and new ones wouldent. You need to download a picture resizing ap.

8. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

I use IMGUR... I use WIN10 SNIPPING tool to capture photos in JPG format to a file than paste that into IMGUR. IMGUR will then add the photos to several different sizes public modes for posting in various forum formats. Using the HTTPs generated addresses IMGUR makes than can be added to the forums image post feature. I usually just add the IMGUR generated HTTPs address then add a height number not more than 600 if asked for by the image post feature. Most of my photos are 300 or 400 size... My signature photo size is 45

Seems to work OK for me and is free... Once you get the hang of it, it is CLICK CLICK...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2019