Potatohead

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Econ, Mar 25, 2020 at 5:51 PM.

1. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is his latest videos not getting it?

Face it. He bought a fiberglass egg that was made over 3,000 miles away from here that I will probably never see live, let alone own. He is doing projects not relatable to an A frame. Its like he is abandoning A frames for a bigger audience.?? He's travel videos were good.But the border is closed.

Aliner should have sold him a new classic/Expedition at cost.

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

What?

Raycfe and kcsa75 like this.
  3. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

I always assumed that Slim was a camper who wanted to share his ideas for mods with other campers, and that he just happened to own an Aliner.
    I was under the impression that Slim abandoned his Aliner because the repairs were costing more than it was worth. He lives in Alberta. When looking for a knew trailer, Slim simply chose one that is more suitable to his camping needs. He recognized that the Aliner really wasn’t meant for camping in all four seasons.

4. Steve Ogden

Steve Ogden New Member

I totally get it about Slim sharing his ideas and has decided something else works better. I've enjoyed his channel. But I was a viewer because I was most interested in the Aliner mods and less interested in the travelogues. He's talented, I liked his presentation, but I find myself less interested without the aliner and haven't been clicking on the recent videos.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 3:05 PM
    Econ likes this.
  5. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Even though I am only an Aliner wannabe, I still find Slim's egg mods interesting. His switch to the egg hasn't lowered my interest in owning an Aliner any more than it has heightened my interest in an egg.

He still has good content and higher than your average YouTube production. IMHO, once he has "finished" with his mods, his camping content will still be relevant for popups, aframes and tiny campers.

Econ and Arruba like this.
  6. Arruba

Arruba Active Member

What BikeNFish said.

Actually I’m an Aliner wannabe, egg wannabe, new Ford Diesel wannabe, new whitewater raft wannabe. Ah heck, I’m a chronic wannabe.