Potential stupid question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by Kevin79, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Kevin79

Kevin79 Member

For those that travel with a full tank, what do you do for the trip home? Do you fill it back up or leave it empty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We usually travel with at least some water in the tank, so we can use the toilet and sink on the road. With the TT, it's handy to stop for lunch or to use our own facilities, since we seldom travel less than 5 hours to get home, often more. We seldom runout of water on the last day, we've usually topped off the tank mud-week or just after.
    If we had a pup with a water tank, we'd probably have just emptied it. We always travel with a full jug of water in the TV.

3. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

I have been known to fill it back up while at the dump station before heading home and then just pulling the drain plug once we get home but more often than not unless it is a multiple day run I would just drain it at the campground. My reason for leaving home full is so that I wouldn't have to fill it with well water that may not be that great.

4. nfisherman

nfisherman Member

I have a blue Aquatainer that I use for topping off my water tank while camping. I bought a threaded hose adapter that screws into the lid in place of the plastic faucet. I attach a 5-foot pice of RV hose and put the other end into the tank fill port. I hold the Aquatainer on my shoulder and let it drain into the tank. 2 or 3 trips to the campground water station fills my 20-gallon tank.

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Our fill tube is finicky, so the hose has to be "just so" into it, and I can't handle heavy jugs of water anymore. We have a rattle siphon, which easily fills the tank, I set the jug on a folding table next to the filler tube.. It just takes a few trips to the tap for water. When I filled the tank halfway for my last trip (I knew I had water at the CG), I chose to use the jug and siphon, it was easier than dealing with the long hose required to reach our hose bib.

6. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

At the campsite, I use a Reliance 8 gallon wheeled water container and my Ivation portable handheld shower with water pump. I fill up my container, drop the water pump inside and remove the shower head from the hose. Then place the hose into the water tank opening and let the water pump water into my tank. Takes less time and DH doesn't have to hold up a heavy container. It takes two fills for my 11 gallon water tank and six gallon water heater.

I bought both items before buying my Aliner. I used the Ivation for showers and washing dishes. DH loves the Reliance water container with wheels because it makes going to and from the community water spigot easier than carrying a heavy load back.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001QC78GK/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1488643185&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=reliance+water+containers&dpPl=1&dpID=41ew3X8xSFL&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IFHFJXI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488643615&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ivation+portable+handheld+shower

This is an easy setup for folks not wanting to fill tanks before the campground.

Happy Camping... [ALPU] [PUT]

7. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

I use a coleman cooler with a small water pump. i use 3 -6gal.- containers and my electric pump puts the water into my tank 11 gal & my 6 ga ltanks. I only have to fill it daily usually 12 gallons will do the job. The pump in the cooler is a small pond pump 115/60/1 pump plug it into the campground electric and it works fine.. unable/unwilling to fill the tanks b-4 site setup.

Mick

8. WeRJuliIan

WeRJuliIan If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?

In the US, clean water weighs approximately 8 pounds per gallon
    In other places that use Old Gallons, that's 10 pounds per gallon

Or, in metric terms, 1Kgm per liter.