Power Lift 2007 Fleetwood west lake

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by WestLakerCamper, Oct 4, 2021.

1. WestLakerCamper

WestLakerCamper New Member

I am trying to convert form a manual lift to a power lift on a 2007 Fleetwood West lake.

I was able to get the current limiter, lift motor, Power Lift Coupler 6 inch, Powerlift Motor Mount.

Using the the instructiond found at https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...TALLATION_DELRON_NUT.pdf?10244277974924402285 and https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0273/4347/files/2007_coleman_destiny.pdf?16695232820753828628. I was able to get the power lift installed. But when testing it it will not raise the roof.

The motor will go start moving up and then stop and find of bounce very very slow moving the roof up. Manually cranking it up will work but it is very very hard. The motor will lower without any issues.

here is a video clip of the motor

I am not sure what to do to troubleshoot this issue. I do have a few thoughts.

1. the wire splice for power is limiting the AMPS for some reason. I used yellow Lock Quick Splice for 10-12 gauge wire. there is less than 24 inches between the current limiter and the splice at the convertor.

2. the thrust bearing it not taking any of the weight off causing too much load for the motor that is causing the current limiter to cut off and on.

My camper uses a Darlin/Acme Nut Whiffle Tree and the Thrust Bearing Series 6311 with bearing house (that housing was removed to fit the Powerlift Motor Mount

2. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

I would say that you have issues with your camper's lift system. That thing should work. You mentioned that it was even hard to raise by hand. That is not normal. I think the first thing I would do is inspect the Whiffletree under the camper. Clean and lubricate it well. Then if you still have trouble, I'd take a look at all of the pulleys and cable inside. I wouldn't try to use that winch again until you did that. You might break something because of the additional torque of the motor.

3. WestLakerCamper

Before removing the manual lift, I was able to raise and lose the roof without much effort. the Whiffle tree is cleaned and greased up with high temp axle grease.

4. Grandpa Don

But in your first post you said, "Manually cranking it up will work but it is very very hard." That's why I was thinking there was something not right with the lift system.

5. WestLakerCamper

Sorry, should have been clear for that. disconnecting the power motor and disengaging the electronic brake, I can crank the roof up using the manual override. Meaning the power motor is still connected. I am just manually using the crank to turn the lift.

6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

You dont have the camper pluged in, right? I sort of remember reading that was bad for the electric lifts. I never had one myself.

7. WestLakerCamper

Nope, I made sure the 120 volt cable was disconnected. I did try it with the truck connected to the 7-pin tow wiring just in case the camper battery was low.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. WestLakerCamper

Update. I was able to correct the issue. It was an eletrical power issue. The battery was unable to provide the current needed. While the battery would fully charge I just could not cut it. Replacment fixed the issues.

Grandpa Don, Sjm9911 and Annunzi like this.
  9. Grandpa Don

Thanks for letting us know...