Power question for DS-17DSI furnace

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by GreenEnvy22, Jan 17, 2016.

1. GreenEnvy22

GreenEnvy22 Member

Hi all,
    We just bought a 1996 rockwood signature. It has fridge, sink, stove, and furnace.

For the furnace, it's not working. I believe the issue is electrical right now. can see the yellow wire on the furnace is not connected to anything. I believe it should be connected to the white wire coming from the trailer. I checked this white wire, but it has no voltage.

Right now the trailer is just hooked upto A/C power. The inverter is delivering 12V to the interior lights.
    There is a battery on the front of the trailer but it's not hooked up currently.

So before I go into much more troubleshooting, should furnace be getting 12V from the inverter? Or does it only run from battery?

2. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

You didn't say anything about propane.

3. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Your power center should have an internal converter to convert 120VAC to 12VDC.

It seems to be working if the ceiling lights work. The furnace can operate via the same source as the lights, converter or batt.

4. GreenEnvy22

GreenEnvy22 Member

Ok thanks, I'll trace out the voltage issue.
    Propane was on (stove works both inside and outside), but as the fan was never even spinning up, the propane was irrelevant at that point.

On the point of propane though, the manual makes reference to a gas control knob, but I can't find anything anywhere. There is a shutoff/switch on the 3-way fridge, but that shouldn't be related to the furnace. On the furnace itself I see no user operable controls.

5. rabird

rabird Howdy!