Power trailer mover

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by West Coast Canuck, Mar 14, 2014.

1. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Due to our wonderful township rv parking bylaw that I just found out about due to a letter that I received. I either have to remove my trailer from the side of my driveway to storage or park it in my side yard. I have to move my fence back 6 ft and maneuver my TT in with only 1 1/2 - 2 ft clearance side to side...this is a very difficult to do since there is a tree that is in the way in the front of my yard to get my TV past. I just bought a parkit360 power trailer mover for this task...it will be interesting to try this out.

2. Marblerun22

Marblerun22 New Member

Good luck let us know how it goes. I always find it funny how these bylaws, HOA's and other similar type things dictate what we must do on our own property lol.

3. West Coast Canuck

Yeah, we had bought our property last year because it had RV parking according to the realtor......now I find out only from May 15 - Sept 15 that I can park it next to my driveway otherwise it has to be parked so that no part of the trailer can protrude beyond the front of my house . I have hear great things about the park it 360 power mover. It will move the trailer into places that you could do otherwise with a TV and it only weighs 67 lbs...the site is www.parkit360.ca

4. cullinan18

cullinan18 New Member

Following this thread, I stumbled upon "trailer valet".

www.trailervalet.com

You might want to take a look at this product. Just make sure you get an improved version and not the original model.

5. West Coast Canuck

Thanks for the link, the parkit360 power mover is motorized which I bought. I should have it in about a week and a half. Then my reciprocating saw will come out to take down my fence and I will be rebuilding it about 7 ft further back in my side yard. I just can't stand the thought of having to park it at a storage facility. This mover set me back $1260.00 plus the new lumber to rebuild the fence and gate.

6. Tacoma_Jim

Tacoma_Jim Member

You'd probably spend that or more parking at the RV storage. At least for the money you get a new toy out of the deal. :)

7. West Coast Canuck

That is true, I was more worried about theft and damage at a storage facility, hence it was one of the reasons I bought a house that has RV parking...however not happy with the fact that RV parking restriction dates were not disclosed to me. Anyhow, you are right.....I got a new toy out of the deal and it is going to make it a whole lot easier to manuever and park my TT because of a large tree in front of my property that makes it difficult to park the TT with my truck....I only have less than a foot to clear the gutters on the side of my house.

8. ve3tiz

ve3tiz New Member

If your by-law enforcement people are like ours, they don't go out looking for business. You probably have neighbour trouble, ie. someone complained. Hopefully once you have made your modifications this will be the last of your troubles. I hope to read some more feedback on the parkit. I am in need of something with some "assist" as well.

9. West Coast Canuck

I am the only one they have picked on or so it appears, I have a neighbour across the street 3 houses over where there trailer sticks out past their garage about 8‘ and there 3 others around my neighbourhood that are actually parked in their driveways. I am wondering if it is one of the seniors from the over 55 complex behind our houses that walk by our house on the way to the park. They have to park their RVs off their townhouse complex.....my neighbour are perplexed since the previous owned an larger TT and had no issues,

10. popuphasbeen

popuphasbeen New Member

I have the same problem, but I need to move a 27ft TT over grass, luckily pretty flat. Will one of these units handle it?

11. ve3tiz

ve3tiz New Member

They sell special tires for gravel, grass, snow, etc. Tell them when you order and they'll put on the tires for your application.
    It is explained fairly well on the parkit360 website.

12. West Coast Canuck

There are tire options from parkit360 that will move it on grass and long as it is not soaked and muddy.

13. West Coast Canuck

I am pretty impressed with my new power mover. I need to upgrade the tires for loose gravel since I had to put a board under it for the stock tires to grab onto. once it got going, I had no problem moving the trailer within a inch of the side gutters of my garage and tucked it in about 18' I have about 6' to go to be in complete compliance. I will be digging for my new fence posts and reusing my existing fence panel and gate this weekend.

14. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

At least you are forced (but dear, I needed to buy it) to buy this tool that looks like it will make the parking job really easy!

15. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

What about a few pics of the new toy? Maybe a short video using it??

We LOVE pics! [A] [A]

[:D]

16. West Coast Canuck

17. skiball

skiball New Member

What a great idea. Too bad DW will never go for it.

18. West Coast Canuck

It worked, got the township off our back. My trailer still protrudes past the front of my house about 6' and it didn't seem to bother the by laws officer..it was a worthy investment

19. gixer

gixer New Member

Thats a nifty little gadget.
    Its a winch motor and a battery. Now when I have some time I know what to build with that extra winch I have laying around.