Powerwinch issue?

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by JeepinAndCampin, Jul 9, 2018.

1. JeepinAndCampin

JeepinAndCampin Member

So i have a 2015 Palomino Basecamp 12FBS . It has the powerwinch P30001 for raising/lowering the pop up. 2 trips ago it wouldnt start to raise/lower unless i used the manual wrench to turn it a bit . now it just grunts a little and goes nowhere.
    does anyone know if you can replace parts of this or the whole? i need it repaired by wednesday night! i suspect best thing for me to do is replace the whole thing, but looking at options!
    any thing I'm not thinking of checking? its getting power as it makes an electric whine when i switch it up or down but no motor movement.

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

I know this post won't help you, but power winches sure seem to be a pain in the arse. My power winch is so frickin' finicky that it doesn't want to work proper unless all of the stars are aligned and I have a four leaf clover in my back pocket.

When mine eventually completely dies, I'm putting in a manual winch.

JeepinAndCampin likes this.
  3. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

When mine eventually completely dies, I'm putting in a manual winch.[/QUOTE]

X2 ^^^

JeepinAndCampin likes this.
  4. JeepinAndCampin

JeepinAndCampin Member

Well, Good news with an embarrassing twist :)
    I pulled up the owners manual for the winch and saw that there maybe a fuse to the setup... So i ran home to check that.. and remembered that I had bought some battery cleaner... removed the wires from the battery and cleaned up all the corrosion... AAAAND checked the water in the batteries... hmmm. I assumed that if the power was plugged up that the batteries wouldnt be an issue... Corrosion on the connections where the winch connected to the battery for the win! SO... just saved myself time, hassle and money of ordering a new winch setup expedited! WHEW.. Now once i get over the happy part, i face the embarrassment :) Thanks for listening to me not think this through... YAY

JPBar and BikeNFish like this.
  5. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Glad to see that you found a solution. Thanks for sharing it, as it will surely help someone down the road.