Prescott 19 Hot Shots Crew

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by jack83153, Jul 4, 2013.

1. jack83153

jack83153 Member

Let's all share our thoughts and prayers for the families and fiends of the 19 Prescott Hot Shotsfire crew that lst their lives fighting the Yarnell Hill fire in Arizona. Such a tragic loss of life. [:(]

2. bropaul

bropaul New Member

Amen

3. Hanne

Hanne New Member

We're endlessly grateful for those who answer the call to serve as defenders of our safety and of our freedom. These were the best of the best, and it is a terrible tragedy. Prayers of strength and comfort are offered to their family, friends, and the entire community.

4. Twitch22

Twitch22 73 N6DDY

No words in any language can mean enough. Arizona mourns for the loss of her heroes. Prayers to the families. [V]

5. daveo1289

daveo1289 Active Member

On their last call, may God be with them.

6. presyoung

presyoung New Member

Wildland firefighting is one of the least understood professions there are. These men and hundreds more more like them can be honored at www.wff.org The wildland firefighter foundation provides financial and emotional support to fallen brothers and their families. I serve on a dozer crew for the forestry service in TN. I have worked on fires in many states with many shot crews. These young men and women are the most elite force in their line of work. As you go to the national and state parks this holiday weekend remember those who are giving up theirs to keep you, your family and our national treasures safe. If you see a crew training on the trails to keep up with the demanding physical requirements honk, wave and say thank you. "Only you"

7. Twitch22

Twitch22 73 N6DDY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Granite Mountain Hotshot Crew

[​IMG]
    The final photo Arizona firefighter Andrew Ashcraft texted to his wife before persishing in the Yarnell Hill fire- from Prescott Granite Mountain Hotshots

8. presyoung

presyoung New Member

Thanks for sharing FJ.

9. MiamiCamper

MiamiCamper New Member

Amen..

This hits right at home for me. I work for the National Park Service, Everglades National Park, Fire and Aviation Management. I am a Firefighter Type 2 and work Logistics with the Fire Service. I DO this job. Those Hot Shots are deployed to the most dangerous and unforgiving wildfires. I have trained in those Fire Shelters.. and let me tell you, just being in them on a sunny 90 degree day is almost unbearable past a couple of minutes. These guys deployed and used their fire shelters in an environment that the temperature SURPASSED 500 degrees.... that is the flashpoint of wood burning.. so temperatures of 1000 and up are not uncommon.

Just thinking of that makes me sick..

I hope and pray that the newer generation comes up with better protection for wildland firefighters. In the mean time, we'll continue to use LCES: Lookouts - Communications - Escape Routes - Safety Zones.

Please pray for them, their families and their community..

I love my job!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MamaK

MamaK Member

Thoughts and prayers with the families and friends of the firefighters who lost their lives and thoughts and prayers for the health and safety of the crews who continue to battle the various fires raging throughout the country.

11. presyoung

presyoung New Member

Nice to see a fellow ground pounder on here, Miami. I spent some time in Florida on the Honey Prarie complex fire fires couple of years ago. That is some unforgiving fuel. Give me my hills over gallberry, palmetto and no see ums any day. Stay safe. Maybe I'll see you on a campground instead of a fireline someday.

12. MiamiCamper

MiamiCamper New Member

Honey Prairie Complex was a massive lightning induced wildfire.. I think it took about a year to call it out. We have similar fuels here at Everglades National Park. Saw Palmetto, Slash Pine, Brush and Periphyton.. The park is inundated with water right now due to an early wet season.. So, we won't be seeing as much wildfires.

But yeah, stay safe as well brother! [:D]

13. ridenred333

ridenred333 New Member

Its such a tragedy what has happened there are no real words that can be said to the families of this. However my condolences go out to the families.

I don't know exactly what happened I know they said that the crew was surround on a ridge to and had no way out. I know this area pretty well as I lived not to far from there and this is some of the most rugged terrain around. Very little shade and very hot in the summer time. Combined with the winds in that area makes for a vary hard fire to fight.

May God rest there souls.

14. Twitch22

Twitch22 73 N6DDY

I thought you all would like to see these.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Hanne

Hanne New Member

[:(] [:(] [:(] Mercy, what a heartbreaking sight.

16. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Wow [:(], We need to remember, Thanks [8D]

17. Twitch22

Twitch22 73 N6DDY