price check.

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Davy, May 4, 2019.

1. Davy

Davy New Member

Hello there. Brand new to the pop up camping scene, after having spent the last two years tenting with two little kids, decided it was time to move on up, literally. Out here in PEI, east coast of Canada and the used options are pretty slim. Found a 2006 Rockwood Freedom 1910, for $5400, and guy won't go lower than $5000. Wondering if this seems fair to any of you with much more experience than myself. Unit seems to be in pretty good shape, very clean, but again, I'm new to this. Any recommendations in terms of the price, and things to be very careful about in my assessment of the unit, would be very much appreciated.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. Use Searchtempest, so you can check Craigslist prices several hundred miles around.

3. Redbird234

Redbird234 Member

I am in Ontario and in my experience pop ups hold there value much more in Canada.

It's just the start of camper selling season here, people are still in winter mode but are starting to think about summer.

In our local Facebook camping group there are only a few campers for sale but when someone posted this week that they were looking for a camper tons of people replied that they had one but hadn't listed it.

You could always post an iso on Kijiji and Facebook market place and if none plan out it might be worth going off island. Pick a city, set up a viewing of several campers on a Sunday, pick one, spend a night and then transfer ownership on Monday.