Prime camping weather is getting closer

Zephyr

Jun 18, 2013
central Oregon
We continue to have rollercoaster weather. Today was 67 degrees F and I'm tempted to get the patio furniture out of the shed so we can access the trailer. However, that might trigger another snow event, so I'll wait a few more days. Sorry to hear about the wildfires in AZ and NM. Everyone down there stay safe.

Hilldweller

Super Active Member
Mar 2, 2021
Hog Waller, GA
Man, 85. You can keep that. That's the warmest we evet get and it cooks us.
Over the weekend at the lake it was 82 in the afternoon and 56 overnight. Lovely.
There was a big group of Scouts occupying a bunch of sites and one of the Scout-parents said, "...I froze last night..."
My wife and I rolled our eyes a little. You might be a Southerner if 56 is "freezing"....

Arlyn Aronson

Super Active Member
Jun 11, 2014
Houghton, MI
Maybe I should add, we hoped to camp and clear a NFS trail south of us over the weekend like we've done in the past but the forecast now shows rain Saturday night and Sunday. So we will still head down there on Saturday morning and get a day of trail clearing in. The campground host at Lake Ste Kathryn is quite disabled and asked us to put a "reserved" sign up for her, so no-one is camped on her site when she arrives. Yes there is still snow there, but not enough to bother.

Arlyn Aronson

Super Active Member
Jun 11, 2014
Houghton, MI
We are heading to Lake Ste Kathryn NFS campground on Saturday AM and will post pics taken there sometime later. That is a really a nice CG that we recommend. Bad would be the water there, so bring your own.

Arlyn Aronson

Super Active Member
Jun 11, 2014
Houghton, MI
There was more snow down there than we had expected. Of course if the weather had been conclusive, we would have camped. We were camping at a different NFS campground one year ago. There were plenty of sites with no snow and we seen just one vehicle while work on the trail there all day. How do you spell q-u-i-e-t. [:D] P1060075.jpg

Arlyn Aronson

Super Active Member
Jun 11, 2014
Houghton, MI
Next to the trailer, is where we normally park our camper. [;{}] of cosure this is snow I pushed in there over the winter while clearing our yard. P1050964.jpg

Last edited: