Prodigy brake lock-up

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by Joebrick, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Joebrick

Joebrick New Member

Just picked up a brand new Fleetwood Sea Pine and I have a question about brake lock up. My TV is an 01 Silverado with a Tekonsha Prodigy. I cannot get those PUP brakes to lock while doing the set-up for the controller. Dialed up to a full 12 and pull the lever to the left and no lock. Now it does pull back on me (so it does brake hard)....but I can't get it to lock up. Do I need to adjust brand new pop up brakes? How would one set up the controller at this point?

2. chaka1

chaka1 New Member

you have three setting on the prodigy, with brake boost settings b1, b2, and b3 if you can't get the wheels to lock up on b2 at full setting, then yes look into your brake shoes settings or drum rotors etc.

2005 Fleetwood Temberlake fully loaded
    1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ

3. nfisherman

nfisherman Member

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
    Just picked up a brand new Fleetwood Sea Pine and I have a question about brake lock up. My TV is an 01 Silverado with a Tekonsha Prodigy. I cannot get those PUP brakes to lock while doing the set-up for the controller. Dialed up to a full 12 and pull the lever to the left and no lock. Now it does pull back on me (so it does brake hard)....but I can't get it to lock up. Do I need to adjust brand new pop up brakes? How would one set up the controller at this point?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

nfisherman '61
    DW '67
    DS '02
    DDs (2) '05
    Ddog '92
    '05 Starcraft Centennial 3606
    '02 Pathfinder

4. nfisherman

nfisherman Member

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
    <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

My brakes won't lock either, yet the brakes work well. The Prodigy's instructions state that this is sometimes normal. If everthing else is working well and the brakes are properly adjusted, it may be ok. If you have brand new brakes, you should be able to get your dealer to check it out for you.

nfisherman '61
    DW '67
    DS '02
    DDs (2) '05
    Ddog '92
    '05 Starcraft Centennial 3606
    '02 Pathfinder

5. rawhide kid

rawhide kid New Member

i've had same problem - plan to check the brakes this weekend.

Rawhide Kid
    Phoenix, AZ
    WAHOO!
    04 Fleetwood Sequoia (purchased 2/13/07)
    TV: 03 Ford F150 2WD CrewCab