Propane and shore power

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Franchesca, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

Just opened my 2005 Flagstaff Mac 228D. I want to see if the heater and stove work. Do I disconnect shore power before I turn on the gas outside and not use shore power while using gas? Update: Solved. ... shore power can remain on.

Second question: full tank of gas. Turn on the propane outside then turned the stove to light. Did not light nor did I smell gas. Still can’t get the stove working.

Third question: heater fan went on automatically only cold air came out. Update: the heater is working very well.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  2. CarlSP

CarlSP New Member

It's designed to be able to have the power connected while using the fridge and heater. Are you wondering about just while testing it, making sure there are not leaks?

3. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

I want to stay in it tonight. Its new to me. So I want to use it to heat the camper.

4. CarlSP

CarlSP New Member

Yes, its designed to have power connected whenever available, including when running the stove and furnace.

5. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

To be sure, camper stoves do not self light, unless you have some fancy stove I haven't come across. With the gas tank valve on turn the stove to the light (lite on some stoves) and use a match or lighter to start the flame. I prefer to use the long butane grill lighters.

6. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

Thank you! That is exactly what I did. Stove working and heat working!!!! I’m learning slowly. Next I will tackle adding water and using water heater.

CaratheCamper likes this.