Propane Consumption

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Hilldweller, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Susan Premo

Susan Premo Well-Known Member

Great information, I am glad to know that propane consumption will be minimal using a fridge.

Hilldweller likes this.
  2. Susan Premo

Susan Premo Well-Known Member

We camp near Ely, national parks, no hookups, which is fine by us. Thinking of springing for a quiet honda generator, from the stimulus check. Maybe.

3. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

Have you been to Indian Boundary Lake off the Skyway? 25 miles east of Tellico?

4. Hilldweller

Hilldweller Well-Known Member

Oh, heck-yeah.
    But we usually would camp at Sourwood on the other side of the Cherohala; it's on the river and less crowded.
    There are a few other spots up there that we used to go to also until a really bad-attitude ranger got under our skin.

We were up there with friends and a bunch of their old military vehicles, had the entire campground to ourselves (Presidents' Day weekend). When we got there the place was trashed so we picked up all the garbage and bagged it. Later, after dinner, relaxed by a nice campfire.
    A pickup truck rolled up after dark and just sat there with the headlights on us. The dogs started to growl and then bark. Window rolled down and an anonymous voice shouted, "are you going to call your dogs off or am I going to have to shoot them?"
    So a few right hands moved slowly to CCs ---- dude got out of the truck. Turned out to be a ranger that said he had be surveilling us for 45 minutes from a ridge. Said we were breaking rules, dogs off leash, cooler left out, and was going to write us tickets. When we showed him the three huge bags of trash he just issued us warnings.

All those areas are no-alcohol campgrounds and we do enjoy an adult beverage...

So now if I want to camp up that way I go to Crawford's in Murphy.

5. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

He must not have been in the Deep South very long at the time. That is very impolite and all southerners knows a well armed society is a polite society. When did it happen?

I am looking for Summertime campgrounds ( read altitude) if you have any others. August is coming.

Hilldweller likes this.
  6. Hilldweller

Hilldweller Well-Known Member

He was a recent transplant from "out west" --- where, I'm told, he had received death threats...
    I had to look back in posts on ExPo; it was Feb 2012.

Take a look at Woodring Campground on Carter's Lake, Cloudland Canyon, & Fort Mountain.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/citico-creek-camping-feb-24-through-feb-26th.73698/

Econ likes this.