Have not seen this idea posted anywhere on the Portal. The Aliner's propane detector consumes .07 Amp/hour. That's 1.68 amps per day according to the book. In an experiment with a newish battery it appears it is more like 3+ amps per day. Test period 14 days There are several beginning camper threads lamenting about a beeper sounding in their NTU campers during the winter. Usually its a low battery caused by the propane detector. The boilerplate response is 1) disconnect the battery cable, 2) pull the battery fuse ,3) get a heavy duty on / off switch for it. But what if you just want to pop into the camper for a couple minutes to do something? You have to disconnect then reconnect the battery. The parasitic drag on the battery is .007 amp with the detector unplugged. Why cut the battery out of the electrical system when cutting the detector out cures the problem? The detector has a light that tells if it is on and functional. You don't need the detector while you are away from the camper. We are away most of the day. If you dry camp, why not only use it only when you need it? That's 20+ amps wasted. A toggle switch was wired in series with the detector. The switch travels horizontally in an attempt to prevent accidentally turning it on/off. It is located on the converter wall next to the detector. You can turn it on with your toe while climbing into bed.