Propane distribution post mounted to side of pup?

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by lksdrinker, Sep 18, 2019.

1. rabird

rabird Howdy!

like the add a tee

2. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

I think the best solution I've come up with so far appears to be using a combination of all this at the high pressure outlet of the pup. This would allow me to run one line to a camp stove and another to a lantern. Not sure its worth the effort or the cost though. Might just go for it one day.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KYDJ694/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?smid=AXO3Y8HYXC74B&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYPBM2X/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=AC10Z379VB228&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDM6T28/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=AEEHSY4PP1735&psc=1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. rabird

rabird Howdy!

ezakoske likes this.
  4. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

5. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

Neither did I - I think the caps threw me off...That's pretty much what I'm looking for - Thanks!

6. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

so I went with the adapter and the Y as that was cheaper than the add a tee. While it worked fine for running 2 stoves (at once and independently), it did not work for running a lantern. Seemed like there just wasn't enough pressure running through the line. Has me kind of stumped as I see no reason why it shouldn't work for a lantern?

7. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I have two Y adapters that I use, one that goes inline between the Acme fitting and the tank, and then a 2nd that screws onto it to provide for 2 extension hoses. This allows me to run my HP stoves. However, I did convert my Weber BBQ, Road Trip, Weekender and soon my Blackstone Griddle to the LP port, and I built a Y-adapter with quick connects for it so I can run 2 off that port. I haven't tried the lantern on the hose though - next time I have mine out I will try and remember to give it a shot. I still like to have at least one HP stove as the LP ones don't like the wind that much.

I did pick up one of those 4lb lpg tanks though, and it has come in real handy. I use it for tent camping, and often toss it with the pup to give me additional propane outlets wherever I may need them. The few times I do take the lpg firepit it is nice to just set the tank over there and hook it up, along with the tree and a lantern up top.