Propane distribution post mounted to side of pup?

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by lksdrinker, Sep 18, 2019.

1. rabird

rabird Howdy!

2. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

I think the best solution I've come up with so far appears to be using a combination of all this at the high pressure outlet of the pup. This would allow me to run one line to a camp stove and another to a lantern. Not sure its worth the effort or the cost though. Might just go for it one day.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KYDJ694/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?smid=AXO3Y8HYXC74B&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYPBM2X/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=AC10Z379VB228&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDM6T28/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=AEEHSY4PP1735&psc=1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. rabird

rabird Howdy!

ezakoske likes this.
  4. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

5. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

Neither did I - I think the caps threw me off...That's pretty much what I'm looking for - Thanks!

6. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

so I went with the adapter and the Y as that was cheaper than the add a tee. While it worked fine for running 2 stoves (at once and independently), it did not work for running a lantern. Seemed like there just wasn't enough pressure running through the line. Has me kind of stumped as I see no reason why it shouldn't work for a lantern?

7. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I have two Y adapters that I use, one that goes inline between the Acme fitting and the tank, and then a 2nd that screws onto it to provide for 2 extension hoses. This allows me to run my HP stoves. However, I did convert my Weber BBQ, Road Trip, Weekender and soon my Blackstone Griddle to the LP port, and I built a Y-adapter with quick connects for it so I can run 2 off that port. I haven't tried the lantern on the hose though - next time I have mine out I will try and remember to give it a shot. I still like to have at least one HP stove as the LP ones don't like the wind that much.

I did pick up one of those 4lb lpg tanks though, and it has come in real handy. I use it for tent camping, and often toss it with the pup to give me additional propane outlets wherever I may need them. The few times I do take the lpg firepit it is nice to just set the tank over there and hook it up, along with the tree and a lantern up top.

8. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

I have a tank tree and two 6' hoses. My Coleman lantern mounts on top, one hose to the Roadtrip Excursion grill. I gave the Coleman stove away when I sold the popup but I think I want a new one. The other hose went to the stove.

Hoses I've had for about 30 years but I replaces the tree 2 years ago because the old one started leaking, and i decided it was no longer safe. I'd like to replace the hoses this year, not that there's anything wrong with them but just because like I said I've had them forever.

I have 2 20 lb. tanks on the camper that I may at some point upgrade to 30 lb. tanks, and I carry 2 more 20 lb. tanks in the truck.

We don't always have hookups so the refrigerator/freezer and hot water use propane.

I have Big Buddy Heater with the filter for use with 20 lb tank, we didn't have the need to use it last year in the travel trailer, but I'm sure at some point we will as we used it many times in the popup. to use it inside I connect both hoses together.

In addition we have a propane fire pit for use when ground fires aren't allowed, as well as in the morning at times because it does take the early morning chill off.

I also have recently purchased a duel fuel Champion generator which I doubt I'll ever put gasoline in.

My travel trailer is a 2019 and for the 2020 model the added a propane connection to the side that the 2019 didn't come with, but I found places on line to buy what I need do it myself, I'm going to put a y at the end for 2 connections.
    https://www.propaneproducts.com/
    https://www.equipsupply.com/

Needless to say, dry camping has become much more appealing to me over established private campgrounds.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  9. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

I thought about it, but I'll pass. My brother has #30 tanks. He found out that 1-they are expensive 2-heavy when full, and 3-you can't go to the swap place when the are out of date and trade for newer ones. If the day comes that I need more than a 20# tank with a 20# backup tank I really need to get a handle on LP usage.