propane firepits

rob.mwpropane

Aug 11, 2021
@rob.mwpropane ... No Worries :grin:

... what would we do?... like I said, we have mission specific equipment... we have our "Coleman" 2 burner stove for cooking food... we have our Mr. Buddy for heat... bottom line, YES, we carry propane and, if we were going out during a "fire ban", we would utilize those.

There have been countless times we couldn't have a campfire [hello rain] so, what did we do?.... we sat around a table, in the PUP or in the G6, and talked to each other, we played board games or Uno... that's one way, we, as a family, stay bonded.

Our love of a wood campfire is, as they say in New Orleans, lagniappe [an extra benefit]....

Here's why we go camping... Happy Trails!

GREAT pics... now I just want to go camping...but I'm stuck at work[V]

Karey

Apr 3, 2021
Colorado
Our trailer has 2 tanks. We always took an extra 20#. Going to try a gallon tank this weekend for both our Coleman stove outside and the firepit. We don't burn it long at night. Love it in the morning when getting coffee and breakfast. Going to see how long that smaller tank lasts. Or can connect to the trailer's tanks. I wanted that smaller tank for the outside stove rather than buyng and bringing 1# canisters.

rob.mwpropane

Aug 11, 2021
Our trailer has 2 tanks. We always took an extra 20#. Going to try a gallon tank this weekend for both our Coleman stove outside and the firepit. We don't burn it long at night. Love it in the morning when getting coffee and breakfast. Going to see how long that smaller tank lasts. Or can connect to the trailer's tanks. I wanted that smaller tank for the outside stove rather than buyng and bringing 1# canisters.

I'm assuming you mean 1lb tank? 1 gallon tanks aren't common (I attached pictures of both). The 1lb tank has .236 gallons which = 21,594btu's. If you do try that the flame will be small and you'll burn through it pretty quick. If it's 1lb I'd keep that for cooking.

1652106671991.png

1652106652959.png

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
For the amount of time it’s used, our small campfire, the Little Red Campfire, would give me 1-2 nights on the 1# canister. I prefer using a bulk tank, it gives more even heat for the LRC and my single burner propane stove, if nothing else.
We now take an extra 20# tank and I just bought a 1 gallon tank. (We need an adapter for the stove, so left that home this trip. We still have a white gas camp stove to cook outside.) We have two on the TT, and rotate the tanks on and off as we fill them. Usually the two on the trailer last longer than our trips, if full when we start. Even with furnace use, we do well, the TT does hold heat better than our pup did.
Too windy where we are now to sit outside in the evening, and it has been warm enough we wouldn’t use the LRC. We use it for warmth, not atmosphere. For those so inclined, it’s been too windy for a wood fire too. (Today’s winds are expected to have gusts into the 40 mph range, tomorrow into 50 mph. Fire weather advisories. Smoke from one of the wildfires in the SW yesterday morning too. )

rob.mwpropane

Aug 11, 2021
Got mine in today.. gotta say I really like this thing. It puts off a lot more heat than I thought it would. Probably not enough to camp in the 30-40f, but anything warmer than that is fine.

I cooked some hot dogs with it. Good deal. Just hope it fits in the storage compartment!

Not sure how this picture will turn put, it's a screen shot of a video. (Excuse the mess, have been remodeling a kitchen lately). As far as gas fire pits go this is one of the more realistic I've seen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220515-194432_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220515-194432_Video Player.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20220515-194645_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220515-194645_Video Player.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 20

rob.mwpropane

Aug 11, 2021
@rob.mwpropane Did you get the carry bag? I got mine in but haven’t used it. Spent an extra $19 for the bag.

I did. I bought whatever knock off bag Amazon had that had good reviews. Haven't even pulled that out of the package yet. I think it was $22 for me.

Edit: was $24

SAMDEW 21-in Fire Pit Bag Compatible with Outland Firebowl 863 864, Portable Outdoor Fire Bowl Carry Bag Fits 21-Inch Propane Gas Fire Pit, Fire Pit Storage Case for Travel & Camping, Black, Bag Only

Mytime

Mar 20, 2022
SE Missouri
Got this one
Waterproof Outdoor Fire Pit Bag Compatible with Outland Living Firebowl Model 893 870 823, Portable Firebowl Travel Carrying Case Fits 19-Inch Diameter Propane Gas Fire Pit for Camping

rob.mwpropane

Aug 11, 2021
Got this one
Waterproof Outdoor Fire Pit Bag Compatible with Outland Living Firebowl Model 893 870 823, Portable Firebowl Travel Carrying Case Fits 19-Inch Diameter Propane Gas Fire Pit for Camping

That is for the 19", mine is 21".. maybe it would fit, idk?

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
If you go to disney, these fire pits are not approved. If anyone needs , I can show you how to modify it , so it is approved.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Yea, they have a totally enclosed regulation, so it needs a solid top and a spark arrestor around the whole thing. You can get a normal fire pit. ( they used to pass one around for the campers) but, if you have a propane fire pit , its easily converted. I was one of the only people at disney with a fire pit. People were in awe steve. I finnally made it. Lol.