Propane Gas Line Removal and Cap

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by ENUNC8, Aug 30, 2021.

1. ENUNC8

ENUNC8 New Member

Greetings,

I am a recent new owner of a 1994 Jayco 1006. I have recently remodeled the roof, updated the outlets, put in a ceiling fan….I’ve done a couple of things. However, one thing that I am not knowledgeable about is this gas line that is coming inside the camper. In my remodel, I removed the sink, and stove and have built a “kitchen” for the outside. I can hook up the propane to the stove (to the outside), which I love, but I want to remove this line from inside the camper. Underneath the trailer, I can see a three-way splitter, which takes the gas to the side of the camper or to the inside. If I remove the gas line, I will have to close that hole. I’m sure that there is some “plug,” but I wanted to start here first.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Chris.

2. rob.mwpropane

rob.mwpropane Active Member

Can you take a picture of the fitting? I'd imagine it's either a 1/2" or 3/8" T, or it could be a 1/2" or 3/8" flared T. You can get a plug or a cap for either depending what you have.

If you need a plug, you'll need the right type of sealant / tape. Big box stores usually sell stuff for gas, it is usually yellow but it needs to say LP or NAT on it. The regular stuff is supposed to degrade in the presence of gas and eventually leak.

If you need a cap then no sealant / tape is needed.